Re: Direct RDP (161 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Christopher Boyce
Message 1 of 2 (161 Views)

Direct RDP

First, I would like to thank all those that have responded to my previous posts. The assistance is greatly appreciated. Now for my next issue. Is there any way to restrict a workstation from directly connecting with RDP to a blade and bypassing the SAM policies? I have gone through the SAM admin guide and checked all the forms. It would seam to me that this is not possible. I may be wrong but it appears that the SAM server is just handing the RDP connection off to the workstation after authentication.

When connecting with RDP directly to a blade/resource the following log entry is generated on the SAM server:

“SECURITY: User XXX on resource YYY / 111.111.111.111 from client ZZZ may have bypassed the system”

As always any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Neighborhood Moderator
Mike Milleson
Message 2 of 2 (161 Views)

Re: Direct RDP

At this time there isn't a way to keep a user from connect directly to the blade without using SAM other than to set it up so the user can not get to the mstsc executable (but of course SAM will still need to be able to get to it).
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.