Configuring SAM Version 2.2 (872 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Glyn Faulding
Message 1 of 3 (872 Views)

Configuring SAM Version 2.2

I am currently setting up SAM v 2.2 but when trying to log on to as a user it hangs when trying to start the RDP session. I don't get as far as registering a log on to a Virtual machine, but in the log I get the following error message.

Access Device has failed to register with the system because of invalid serial number.

Has anybody come across this before?
Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
Mike Milleson
Message 2 of 3 (872 Views)

Re: Configuring SAM Version 2.2

Hello Glyn,
See the HP SAM 2.2.0 Read Me.htm file. The 3rd bullet under access devices mentions that XPe client requires cimwin32.dll file to be installed. The readme has more information about this.

Mike
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Glyn Faulding
Message 3 of 3 (872 Views)

Re: Configuring SAM Version 2.2

Mike,
Thanks for the response, I can confirm all the clients have this DLL installed in the c$\WINDOWS\system32\wbem folder. The odd thing is that we have no issues with any of the user connecting to the virtuals when they use the client software (scw32-en-2.2.0.msi) but as soon as try and access the clients directly through the website I get the issue and the error message on the SAM log.

Thanks

Glyn
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation