Re: CCI RDP questions (195 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA1417136
Message 1 of 4 (195 Views)

CCI RDP questions

Was posed a couple of questions by a customer who is interested in CCI. I think I already know the answer to this one. The customer uses 'softphones' currently on their PCs, RDP allows you to hear audio from a remote system, I doubt it would allow two-way voice communication...correct ? Also they still use modems, (medical business), what would be the best way to interface PC blades with modems ? Thanks
Neighborhood Moderator
DaGuru
Message 2 of 4 (195 Views)

Re: CCI RDP questions

Hi Chris,

You are correct, RDP does not have native support for bidirectional audio; meaning it can only receive audio.

Can you please provide more details about the second part of your question? When using RDP to access blades, the protocol runs on TCP/IP. So, I'm not sure why you would interface the modem directly to the blade PC. Please clarify if you are using an application that needs modem access or do you want to access the blade itself over a modem.

Dennis

---------------------------------------------
I work for HP, but my posts and replies are my own.
Occasional Visitor
CA1417136
Message 3 of 4 (195 Views)

Dennis,
Thanks for your reply. The blade PCs would be running an app that would be accessing a modem. Back to the the RDP question, does RGS provide bi-directional audio ?
Thanks !
Chris
Neighborhood Moderator
DaGuru
Message 4 of 4 (195 Views)

Chris,

Where can I get more information about this application and what its modem communication requirements are?

No, RGS does not currently support bi-directional audio.

Also, I'm curious about how they use their softphone. We have another customer who uses blade PCs and RDP to facilitate a telemarketing/call center application and home based telecommuters. That tool forwards the calls to the users home phone over their central PBX. So, bi-direction audio is not needed. I think they lose the ability to record the userâ s audio conversation, but I think they may have found a work around to this.

Hope this helps.
Dennis
---------------------------------------------
I work for HP, but my posts and replies are my own.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.