"Order Test Instances" dialog - not user friendly!! (259 Views)
Occasional Contributor
ajoo
Message 1 of 2 (259 Views)

"Order Test Instances" dialog - not user friendly!!

In the Test Lab module, the “Order Test Instances” dialog box displays only the Test Configuration Name for all the test instances in the set. But I have a test set where instances of different tests are run for the same test configuration. How do I order them if the Dialog box displays only the configuration name and not the test name?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ajoo
Message 2 of 2 (208 Views)

Re: "Order Test Instances" dialog - not user friendly!!

I wrote a query below to pull the test instances in order (TESTCYCL.TC_TEST_ORDER), but looks like that field does not have anything to do with the order in which the test instance appears within the test set contrary to what the HP ALM Database Reference document specifies (attached screenshot). It looks like it is simply the order in which the instance was created and changing the order in the UI does not affect this value.

Since there are no replies here, it looks like the UI to order the test instances is useless in our scenario. Is there another field hiding somewhere in the database other than TC_TEST_ORDER, that we can use and at least update the order from the database side?

SELECT TEST.TS_NAME, TESTCYCL.TC_TEST_ORDER FROM TEST inner join TESTCYCL ON TEST.TS_TEST_ID = TESTCYCL.TC_TEST_ID
WHERE TC_CYCLE_ID = 1341 ORDER BY TC_TEST_ORDER

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation