12-15-2010 10:19 AM
There is some great information available on the HP Support Website that can be really useful in preparing and performing your upgrade to QC 11 or ALM 11. Here are the links to the key articles:
System Requirements for QC/ALM 11
Upgrade to QC/ALM 11 Best Practices:
How to prepare you old repository for upgrade to ALM 11 Optimized repository
Some other key things to note:
- You can upgrade directly to Version 11 from either Version 9.2 or Version 10 (Previous versions will need to be upgraded to either one of these before upgrading to Version 11)
- The upgrade path from Quality Center Enterprise 9.2 or 10 is to Quality Center Enterprise 11
- The upgrade path from Quality Center Premier 10 is to Application Lifecycle Management 11
- Quality Center 11 and Application Lifecycle Management 11 share the same install files (Files will be labeled "HP ALM 11" or alike) and platform. Functionality is activated via your license key
Director of Product Marketing & Marketing
CloudForge (CollabNet Cloud Services)
02-01-2011 04:01 AM
unfortunately I'm unable to access to the instructions link on how to upgrade to Quality Center 11.
I'm receiving the following error: Unable to access the page you requested.
This is the link that i'm trying to access:
Any assistance will help.
03-04-2011 08:37 AM
12-20-2011 05:58 PM
Can anyone let me know if HP still supports 9.2(And for how long)? as I have situation here is that I am trying to upgrade 9.2 to 11(trying to convince the management). I do not want to be in a situation where I have no migration path to the latest release.
12-20-2011 07:05 PM
This information is from the HP Support News web-site.
End of Sale / End of Support
HP is committed to providing the highest level of customer care to you while you determine your future strategy for your QC9.2 products. Please read below for key timelines and support options that are now available to you:
June 15, 2009: Version Obsolescence announced
Jan 1, 2010: End of Sale (no longer orderable or available for purchase)
January 31, 2011: End of Support
January 31, 2013: End of Self-Help Support
12-20-2011 07:42 PM
Sorry for the confusion, but here's an update on my previous post.
HP Quality Center 9.2x Extension of Support Advisory
Dear HP Software Customer,
With high demand from customers, Hewlett Packard Software Services is announcing an extension to the product support of Quality Center version 9.2x to July 31, 2011. This extension is designed to help provide you with more time to transition to the newer release.
Please note that:
• The extension of support includes only environments (OS, DB, Web Server, App Server, Browsers) that were previously supported in QC9.2x.
• This extension is for the same level of support that existed previously.
• This extension applies to supporting existing functionalities and capabilities. There will be no new Service Packs or Request for Enhancement for these versions.
This announcement supersedes the previous notice of end of product support on January 31, 2011.
09-26-2012 09:29 AM
Hello. Thanks for the info provided.
I have been having a difficult time trying to find the download for QC ALM 11.
I have been redirected by multiple HP support representatives to this : http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/
but I have no luck finding the downloadable ALM 11 installer.
Can anyone help with the appropriate link or instructions on how and where to find the ALM 11 download from?
09-27-2012 07:40 PM
(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)