Re: Updating Test run status on QC/ALM using perl scripts on HP UX (482 Views)
Occasional Visitor
AbhinandanTN
Message 1 of 3 (519 Views)

Updating Test run status on QC/ALM using perl scripts on HP UX

Hi,

i have been searching for the facility on HP UX to automatically update test status in QC/ALM using perl scripts. Most of the search results displayed were on Windows, is that mean there is no such support on HP UX/UNIX. If there are facility could some one help me with the procedure or document on how i can achieve it.

- Abhinandan

Honored Contributor
Jan Czajkowski
Message 2 of 3 (500 Views)

Re: Updating Test run status on QC/ALM using perl scripts on HP UX

You need to take a look at the REST API - that will work on HP-UX. The OTA API is a COM API, which means it will only work on Windows.

I know there is a least one Perl distribution that supports COM if you install an add-in, but it would still only work on Windows.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Occasional Visitor
AbhinandanTN
Message 3 of 3 (482 Views)

Re: Updating Test run status on QC/ALM using perl scripts on HP UX

Thanks Jan. I was going through ReST but most of the examples were either using javascript or perl using WIN32, i was looking for perl code that can be used in UNIX.

One of the friend suggested to use network traffic monitor data to create ReST code, he suggested to extract the data that are text/json or text/xml, but unfortnately when i opened the ALM URL there were not message which belonged to these tags.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.