Re: Unable to connect to TFS as an endpoint in Hp Quality Center Synchronizer (1499 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Sudhir_Den
Message 1 of 3 (1,584 Views)

Unable to connect to TFS as an endpoint in Hp Quality Center Synchronizer

Hi,

I am unable to connect to TFS as an endpoint in HP Quality Center Synchronizer. When I am trying to connect I am getting the below error:

ERROR #1- adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type TFS. Error: com.mercury.qc.gossip.exp.GossipServerException: adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type TFS. Error: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.AdapterConnectionException: Failed to connect. Reason: Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TfsConnection object. It is possible that the TFS-Adapter.dll is not registered on the Synchronizer server machine. Error message: AutomationException: Class not registered..
ERROR #2- adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type TFS. Error: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.AdapterConnectionException: Failed to connect. Reason: Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TfsConnection object. It is possible that the TFS-Adapter.dll is not registered on the Synchronizer server machine. Error message: AutomationException: Class not registered.
ERROR #3- Failed to connect. Reason: Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TfsConnection object. It is possible that the TFS-Adapter.dll is not registered on the Synchronizer server machine. Error message: AutomationException: Class not registered
ERROR #4- Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TfsConnection object. It is possible that the TFS-Adapter.dll is not registered on the Synchronizer server machine.

I already ran Register-TFS-Adapter.exe and it showed me the message that it has been registered.

Moreover, I am using HP Quality Center Synchronizer version 1.30, MQC 9.0, TFS 2010 (adapter installed)

Hp Quality Center Synxhronizer Server and Client are both installed on single machine with Operating System as Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition Service Pack 2.

Any help on this issue will be highly appreciated as I am stuck on this.

Thanks,

Sudhir Pathak

Occasional Visitor
uglybugger
Message 2 of 3 (1,499 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to TFS as an endpoint in Hp Quality Center Synchronizer

Hi,

"Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition Service Pack 2" is your problem here. Register-TFS-Adapter.exe only works on 32-bit Windows - presumably because whoever wrote it was too lazy to use the correct registry keys.

Don't worry - you *can* make it work.

Register-TFS-Adapter.exe imports settings into the wrong (64-bit) registry keys. To do it correctly, manually import the assembly registration keys into the appropriate Wow6432Node registry key by running the following command from the same directory as the Register-TFS-Adapter.exe command:

\Windows\SysWoW64\reg.exe import TFS-Adapter.reg

Be sure to use the SysWoW64 version of reg.exe – do not rely on the path as there are multiple versions of it and they behave differently.

Best of luck :)

Occasional Visitor
mk29
Message 3 of 3 (641 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to TFS as an endpoint in Hp Quality Center Synchronizer

I am trying to integrate TFS and qc
Folliwing are the details :

TFS -2010
Team explorer-2010
SYnchronizer server on the local machine
Synchronizer version:1.4
QC 10

Connection is made for both endpoint but while "Fetching Endpoint Entity Types" after setting connection with TFS endpoint i am getting this following error :

General Error Occured
 ERROR #1- server.link.FAILED_TO_READ_EP_ENTITY_TYPES : Failed to read endpoint entity types list. Error: server.link.FAILED_TO_READ_EP_SCHEMA : Failed to read endpoint schema. Error: server.RemoteExecService.UNHANDLED_EXCEPTION : Unknown exception type is caught: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.FatalAdapterException: declareEntityTypes: disconnected No such interface supported...
ERROR #2- server.link.FAILED_TO_READ_EP_SCHEMA : Failed to read endpoint schema. Error: server.RemoteExecService.UNHANDLED_EXCEPTION : Unknown exception type is caught: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.FatalAdapterException: declareEntityTypes: disconnected No such interface supported..
ERROR #3- server.RemoteExecService.UNHANDLED_EXCEPTION : Unknown exception type is caught: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.FatalAdapterException: declareEntityTypes: disconnected No such interface supported.
ERROR #4- declareEntityTypes: disconnected No such interface supported
ERROR #5- AutomationException: No such interface supported

Please suggest as i could not find any mention of this error anywhere on the net.

Thanks,
MK

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.