Schema difference error when verifying project (834 Views)
Frequent Advisor
ALMAdmin
Message 1 of 11 (834 Views)
Accepted Solution

Schema difference error when verifying project

[ Edited ]

I am in the process of upgrading from QC11 to ALM 11.52 and some projects are throwing following error when I try to do verification after the upgrade. Only some of the projects have this issue not all. Below is the exact error from verification report:

17/07/2014 17:09:26: Verifying the project schema ...

17/07/2014 17:09:27: ALM-V10017: Error: A schema difference that cannot be automatically corrected has been detected: DBUCorrectionRemoveIndexEvent:Index name-->FP_COMPONENT_PARAM_IDXTable name-->FRAMEWORK_PARAM

17/07/2014 17:09:27:    ALM-V10055: Schema differences were found

Thanks for your help!

Respected Contributor
TungDo
Message 2 of 11 (813 Views)

Re: Schema difference error when verifying project

Hi,

Please try this:

1-Create a backup copy of the affected project database (just in case you need to revert the changes suggested below).
2-Involve your organization’s database administrator and ask him/her to drop the extra index manually from the project database.
3-Please run the Verify/Repair tool once again to confirm if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

"HP Support
If you find this or or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance."
Esteemed Contributor
William Schmitt
Message 3 of 11 (795 Views)

You can also create a SchemaExceptions.xml file that will tell the verify process to ignore the extra items.  What does the verify output report say?

Frequent Advisor
ALMAdmin
Message 4 of 11 (782 Views)

@ TungDo: Thanks for the tip; trying to engage DBA Team

@ Bill: Verify report shows the error I copied in original post. Nothing else was useful so I did not copy the whole thing.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor
William Schmitt
Message 5 of 11 (775 Views)

The verify report is stored in your repository at \repository\sa\domsinfo\maintenancedata\out\DOMAIN\PROJECT and is named QCverifyReport_DOMAIN_PROJECT_12345.html.  It contains the items that the verify/repair could not fix.  It should look like this:

Problems that require Manual Repair 

# Type Problem Element Comment

1 table extra TTBLCL_176159_TC  

2 table extra TTBLCL_163209_DS

This will tell you what you need to enter on the SchemaExceptions.xml.  Search in help for how to do that. 

You mentioned before about an extra index.  That will be listed in the verify report.  You need the name of the index to enter into the SchemaExceptions.

Frequent Advisor
ALMAdmin
Message 6 of 11 (763 Views)

@ Bill: Working on creating exception. Thanks for the hint

# Type    Problem   Element                                   Comment
1 index   extra     FRAMEWORK_PARAM.FP_COMPONENT_PARAM_IDX    [Blank ]

Frequent Advisor
ALMAdmin
Message 7 of 11 (758 Views)

[ Edited ]

CheckedFRAMEWORK_PARAM Table indexes and I can see three indexes:

select * from sys.indexes
where object_id = (select object_id from sys.objects where name = 'FRAMEWORK_PARAM')

FW_FP_PRIMARYKEY
FP_COMPONENT_ID_IDX
FP_COMPONENT_PARAM_IDX

So I simply drop the 3rd index I assume?

DROP INDEX FRAMEWORK_PARAM.FP_COMPONENT_PARAM_IDX

Waiting for some sort of confirmation from fellow geeks ;-)

Frequent Advisor
ALMAdmin
Message 8 of 11 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]

My user did not have permissions to drop index so I went exception file way:

Added exception file, updated parameter in site config to consider same file for all projects, ran ALM Server Deployment Wizard, and when I try to verify project now I get bunch of errors starting with:

ALM-V10013: Error: Cannot parse the filters file C:\Program Files\HP\HP Application LifeCycle Management 11.52\data\sa\DomsInfo\MaintenanceDatajava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program ...

Files\HP\HP Application LifeCycle Management 11.52\data\sa\DomsInfo\MaintenanceData (Access is denied)

Any idea why ALM is throwing access denied? It is not able to read file system? That is really weird :-(

Esteemed Contributor
William Schmitt
Message 9 of 11 (723 Views)

You can put the SchemaExceptions.xml file anywhere in your repository.  It looks like you are putting it in DomsInfo on your install directory, not the repository.  Maybe try moving it to another location.

Frequent Advisor
ALMAdmin
Message 10 of 11 (710 Views)

SchemaException file is giving too much headache. DBAs meanwhile dropped the index so all is good. Thanks everyone for your time! I'll continue to play with SchemaException file ...

Advisor
Hameedu
Message 11 of 11 (619 Views)

Removing the Index [ FP_COMPONENT_PARAM_IDX ] from table [ FRAMEWORK_PARAM ]  would resolve the issue.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.