Quality Center installation with oracle database (1057 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Mitali
Message 1 of 4 (1,057 Views)

Quality Center installation with oracle database

Hi,

I am trying to install Quality Center with oracle(version-oracle 9i) as its database. Oracle server is also installed in the same system. When I provide the credentials to connect to oracle database while installation, I get this following error:"An Error occurred while attempting to connect to the database. Please check that the database is available and that the given parameters are correct. Click Back to correct the database configuration variables".
The credentials are:
Server Name-B37122D.AD.INFOSYS.COM
Database administrator Username-system
Password-infosys

Kindly note that the username and password mentioned above are the username and password with SYSDBA privileges created for the database B37122D.AD.INFOSYS.COM

When I select advance options, the following values are present as default:
Site administrator database schema name-qcsiteadmin_db
Database server port-1521
Quality Center user password-a default password is present
Oracle SID-B37122D.AD.INFOSYS.COM

Can anyone throw some light on this error?

Thanks in Advance!
Honored Contributor
SreeKrishnan
Message 2 of 4 (1,057 Views)

Re: Quality Center installation with oracle database

Mitali,

The following steps might help you to make sure you have the correct info for the install

1.Database Server Configuration Window

Server Name : The Oracle DB Server name (in your case it is the same as the QC Server)
Database administrator user name : The user that has enough priveleges as per the QC Install Guide.
Database administrator password : The password for the above user

2.Advanced Database Server Configuration
Site administration database schema name : qc_siteadmin_db
Site administration database schema password: password for the above user
Database Server Port : Default is 1521, but make sure on your server that the port 1521 is configured for the Oracle DB or some other port is configured for this use.
Oracle SID : This is the Oracle schema or the database name, not the server name. I would recommend that you create a schema or a databse and use the schema name here for the install.

Let me know how things work out.
Honored Contributor
Vladimir Skrbek
Message 3 of 4 (1,057 Views)

Also check some Oracle tools on the server if you can connect to the server itself by the user system (because you use user).
I mean for example SQL PLUS, Enterprise Manager Console adn so on.
If not then you have to check that the Oracle is running and that there is the listener running.
Occasional Advisor
Mitali
Message 4 of 4 (1,057 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The issue was with the Database server name and oracle SID. I provided QC server name for the Database server name and for oracle SID -the name of the oracle database(instead of the default value which was same as database server name). And it resolved the issue.
Thanks once again for the solution to my query.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.