Quality Center Starter Edition Trial Version (9236 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Peter Somers
Message 1 of 8 (9,236 Views)

Quality Center Starter Edition Trial Version

I'm interested in learning more about HP Quality Center and would like to install a trial version on my computer.

I have downloaded the latest available version (v11), but this requires an application server and more.

As far as I understand, the Starter Edition (available with v10) installed all the necessary application with one single installer.

Can I find this version somewhere as a trial download or should it be possible to do the same with v11.?

Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Filip_HP
Message 2 of 8 (9,216 Views)

Re: Quality Center Starter Edition Trial Version

To install Quality Center Starter Edition with the bundled JBOSS and Microsoft SQL Express, please follow these steps after starting the installer:

- For license key option, select "Use Evaluation Key" and choose the Starter Edition.

- For application server option, specify where JBOSS should be installed.

- For database server option, specify password for MS SQL Express

The important step is the selection of Quality Center Starter Evaluation during the installation process.

For reference, here is the download of Quality Center (please note you'll be installing the ALM Platform DVD):

https://h20575.www2.hp.com/evalportal/try.do?productNumber=T7333CAE

Filip Szymanski

Director Products, HP

Filip Szymanski
Director of Products
HP Application Lifecycle Management
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mercuryexplorer
Message 3 of 8 (9,216 Views)

I downloaded the files and created the virtaul dvd on my machine for the trial version- now, is it possible as for previous versions of QC to donwload everything on one machine  i.e. my PC or woul dI absolutely need a server in addition to my client to make this work? note this is the trial version and I want to try it out in a controlled environment being my machine before moving forward - thank you for any comments and assistance to this request.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
thesaint_1
Message 4 of 8 (9,215 Views)

I get the foll error after i choose starter edition eval on windows xp

Failed Stopping JBoss and deleting folders:
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:81)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:30)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)
 wrapped in java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "tasklist": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:459)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:593)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:431)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:328)
at com.mercury.optane.core.utils.ExecutionerThread.run(CExecutioner.java:283)
 wrapped in com.mercury.optane.core.CTdException: Failed to execute command 'tasklist'
at com.mercury.optane.core.utils.ExecutionerThread.exec(CExecutioner.java:261)
at com.mercury.optane.core.utils.ExecutionerThread.execCommand(CExecutioner.java:219)
at com.mercury.optane.core.utils.CExecutioner.exec(CExecutioner.java:42)
at com.hp.qc.uninstall.QcUninstallUtil.findQcTrayIconSessionId(QcUninstallUtil.java:123)
at com.hp.qc.uninstall.QcUninstallUtil.executeCommands(QcUninstallUtil.java:89)
at com.hp.qc.uninstall.QcUninstallUtil.performUninstall(QcUninstallUtil.java:59)
at com.hp.qc.install.setup.QcConfigWorkerTask$1.run(QcConfigWorkerTask.java:57)
at com.hp.qc.install.setup.AbstractWorkerTask$ActualTask.<init>(AbstractWorkerTask.java:143)
at com.hp.qc.install.setup.AbstractWorkerTask$2.construct(AbstractWorkerTask.java:75)
at com.hp.qc.install.setup.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:114)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Failed Stopping JBoss and deleting folders:java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specifiedat java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:81)at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:30)at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452) wrapped in java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "tasklist": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specifiedat java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:459)at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:593)at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:431)at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:328)at com.mercury.optane.core.utils.ExecutionerThread.run(CExecutioner.java:283) wrapped in com.mercury.optane.core.CTdException: Failed to execute command 'tasklist'at com.mercury.optane.core.utils.ExecutionerThread.exec(CExecutioner.java:261)at com.mercury.optane.core.utils.ExecutionerThread.execCommand(CExecutioner.java:219)at com.mercury.optane.core.utils.CExecutioner.exec(CExecutioner.java:42)at com.hp.qc.uninstall.QcUninstallUtil.findQcTrayIconSessionId(QcUninstallUtil.java:123)at com.hp.qc.uninstall.QcUninstallUtil.executeCommands(QcUninstallUtil.java:89)at com.hp.qc.uninstall.QcUninstallUtil.performUninstall(QcUninstallUtil.java:59)at com.hp.qc.install.setup.QcConfigWorkerTask$1.run(QcConfigWorkerTask.java:57)at com.hp.qc.install.setup.AbstractWorkerTask$ActualTask.<init>(AbstractWorkerTask.java:143)at com.hp.qc.install.setup.AbstractWorkerTask$2.construct(AbstractWorkerTask.java:75)at com.hp.qc.install.setup.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:114)at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sskk
Message 5 of 8 (9,189 Views)

Hi I am facing the same issue ... after installing the Starter Edition ... with evaluation key ....

please let us know if you have found a solution for this issue... thank you.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Raj456
Message 6 of 8 (8,736 Views)

Hi,

I donwloaded the trial version of QC from the following location.

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/software/software-product.html?compURI=tcm:183-936102&pageTitle=application...

After opening the above link, I clicked on Trails and Demos option and then selected the only available option 'HP Application LifeCycle Management Evaluation

Then logged in using the HP Passport credentials and downloaded the file "HP ALM/QC 11.00 Win Eval Eng SW E-Media ( TC096-15016.zip )". 

After unzipping I tried to install the software but I am not able to.

I selected the win64 folder and clicked on the setup.exe for ALM installation. Something by the name ALM Platform is getting installed and nothing is happening after that.

I installed QC 10 trial version before and I am aware of steps where JBoss and SQLServer 2005 get installed. In this case all these steps arent there. the ALM platform installs in less than a minute and thats it.

I have WindowsServer2008R2 as the operating system.

Please help me here.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
seeking_answers
Message 7 of 8 (5,211 Views)

hi raj can you tell me why during qc 10 installation im getting an error "JVM NOT FOUND"? what is the solution?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Maliheh
Message 8 of 8 (2,301 Views)

Kennst Sie eine Demo Version von HP Qualiy Center zum lernen?

Gruß

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation