Quality Center Error 5 when attempting to open QC10 Link (1441 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Cheri Ramos
Message 1 of 8 (1,441 Views)

Quality Center Error 5 when attempting to open QC10 Link

I have users accessing my QC 10 instance who do not have admin rights to their machine and are using IE 7 and above. when they attempt to open the Quality Center 10 link, they receive numerous Error 5 and it fails to load.

I installed the silent running Client Side MSI addin; however, this does not relsovle there issue. Is there anything else I can do?
Honored Contributor
Rhonda Robinson
Message 2 of 8 (1,441 Views)

Re: Quality Center Error 5 when attempting to open QC10 Link

Someone with admin rights needs to install the client onto those workstations.

I have also seen posts where the client side files are sent to the workstations via SMS or similar.
Honored Contributor
Vladimir Skrbek
Message 3 of 8 (1,441 Views)

Sometimes the silent installation does not work properly. You have to also install some other parts that are needed to client like .NET and so on. See the installation manual for requirements.
If it is just one computer then just login as a user with local admin rights and open QC link. If it not work. Then logout and login again and try it again. If it not work, restart and try it again :-)...
Occasional Visitor
Cheri Ramos
Message 4 of 8 (1,441 Views)

When I initially installed QC, I also installed .Net 3.0 which is above hte minimum requirements for QC as per your installation documentation.

I have also Installed the QCClient.msi file. As far as I can tell it is installed correctly and functioning properly. I you have a recommendation on how I might test this. I would be happy to do so.

I have downloaded the QCExplorerAddIn.exe file to my the server which is hosting my production instance of QC10, however, I have not installed this as I wanted to make sure that I did not mess up the user experience for my IE6 users, but I need to correct the IE7 and above user experience for other users. As an added bonus, the users with IE7 are in UK and Asia. Right now, I have this file available for them to install on their individual pc. Accessable through a shared drive. However, most of these users are not administrative users on their machines and I suspect they will not have appropriate rights to install this file. Is that an accurate assessment?
Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 5 of 8 (1,441 Views)

You will need admin previledges, atleast for the time if accessing via IE or installing .msi (client components)

Admin right is required, becasuse QC has to run some activeX and register few dll's & ocx.

If you have a huge QC set-up and feel this is limitation....I suggest you contact HP support. There is/should be a way to install .msi without admin previledges.

Support team can share the info, based on your requirement.
Honored Contributor
Vladimir Skrbek
Message 6 of 8 (1,441 Views)

Just Note.
The new version HPQC 11 has as a new feature that you do not need the local administrator rights to install or use HPQC client. !!!
Occasional Visitor
Cheri Ramos
Message 7 of 8 (1,441 Views)

Is this still called QC11 or did they change the name of the application to ALMll? I was trying to do some research on QC11 and find out what else is new in that release. Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor
Venkat457
Message 8 of 8 (1,441 Views)

Premier edition of QC 11 is now called as HP ALM.Rest other versions stay the same as HP QC11.
Venkat
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.