Quality Center 11 - New Features / Functionality Heads Up (20501 Views)
Occasional Collector
RLLINTON19
Message 1 of 31 (20,501 Views)

Quality Center 11 - New Features / Functionality Heads Up

Does anyone have a list of new features / functionality that we can start thinikng about ?

for our clients.

Best regards,

Robert  

Advisor
Tracy DeDore
Message 2 of 31 (20,484 Views)

Re: Quality Center 11 - New Features / Functionality Heads Up

We aren't allowed to publish any roadmap/statement of direction information.  We can arrange to deliver a roadmap presentation if you would like?

Regular Advisor
mark_ford
Message 3 of 31 (20,484 Views)

Yes, roadmap presentations are helpful.  I and others I'm sure would be happy to share information but can not until HP makes the information public knowledge.

Occasional Collector
RLLINTON19
Message 4 of 31 (20,484 Views)

HI TD,

Sure, a Virtual - Webex like presentation would be good.

Let me know how and when ?

Best regards,

Robert  

Occasional Advisor
Becky E.
Message 5 of 31 (20,483 Views)

As soon as I start working on QC10 and find out changes that I feel should have been in QC10, I'll let you know to add them to QC11.

Advisor
Tracy DeDore
Message 6 of 31 (20,484 Views)

You have to schedule roadmap presentations through your sales rep - they can arrange for a virtual presentation. Unfortunately we are forbidden from publishing or distribution roadmaps.  The other alternative is to attend HPSU as we always host roadmap sessions in that venue.

Regular Advisor
mark_ford
Message 7 of 31 (20,633 Views)

Just this morning I saw an upcoming webinar through Vivit (Independent HP Software Users Community) on this topic.  If you aren't yet a member of Vivit you can register for a free Vivit membership and attend the webinar (you need to be a member of Vivit to attend).

http://www.vivit-worldwide.org/article.cfm?id=1199

New Features of HP Quality Center and Product Roadmap

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Brought to you by the worldwide TQA Special Interest Group of Vivit
Presented by Raziel Tabib

In this session, Raziel will go over latest trends and changes in the Quality Management and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) market, such as Agile Development, Composite Applications etc., and share the roadmap of HP offering in this respect. Raziel is a Sr. Product Manager in the HP ALM suite of products, looking after areas such as: ALM, Quality Management, Agile, Development Integrations etc. Raziel has 10 years experience in the software and quality business in various roles as an engineer, architect, researcher and marketing manager. Raziel joined HP\Mercury in 2003 working on various areas/products from Performance Center to QuickTest Professional and Quality Center.

Advisor
Tracy DeDore
Message 8 of 31 (20,633 Views)

Thanks for posting Mark - I wasn't aware of that session but I would definitely encourage folks to attend.

Visitor
Richard_Keith
Message 9 of 31 (20,633 Views)

When you look at their site (Vivit's) there is a fee of $150 to join but there's also an option to join for free.

And there's a document that tells you what you get for one verses the other.
What I didn't see in that document was whether you could view webinars on the free membership.

Regular Advisor
mark_ford
Message 10 of 31 (20,633 Views)

Good question!

Vivit has two membership levels - Basic/Public Access and Supporting.  The Basic/Public Access membership is free and the Supporting membership is $150 a year.  The Supporting membership gives you access to several additional items but both memberships will give you access to Vivit webinars.

Here is a link to the information on the different Vivit memberships: http://www.vivit-worldwide.org/article.cfm?id=1103

The first item mentions "Access to product information, general reference material, activities, online webinars and services" and both Public Access and Supporting memberships have it.

Regular Advisor
mark_ford
Message 11 of 31 (20,299 Views)

The webinar this morning gave a good overview of the new features.  Raziel said that QC 11.00 is available as of today.  I'll post a list of new key features when I get a chance.  There is some really good stuff in this version!!

Occasional Visitor
kashifhusain
Message 12 of 31 (20,299 Views)

Is there any documentation available on QC11 on the HP site as I  cannot seem to find any.

Qc 11 seems to have some killer features such as being able to use multiple clients and not requiring admin rights to install the client

Regular Advisor
mark_ford
Message 13 of 31 (20,299 Views)

I've only seen the ALM/QC 11.00 doc in the software install itself.  They did not have it out on the site separate as of yesterday.

The improvements to the client side setup and the file repository are certainly features that will make QC admins very excited.  I'll post a list of ALM 11.00 key features later today.

Advisor
Tracy DeDore
Message 14 of 31 (20,299 Views)

The collateral has not been released yet as we haven't publicly announced the products yet.  A subset of datasheets will be posted on hp.com effective Sept. 17th for Functional Testing, HP Sprinter, LoadRunner and Unified Functional Testing.  The remainder of the collateral will not be available until the public launch.

Respected Contributor
JoshSegar
Message 15 of 31 (20,299 Views)

Hi,

I think the release hit almost 2 weeks ago. 

Last week I even had a QC 11 demo from my HP Reps regarding the highlights of the release, but I have yet to see a feature list or a user guide.

Looking forward to it !  I saw lots of _wow_ and can't wait to see more.

Occasional Visitor
ealanko
Message 16 of 31 (20,299 Views)

Hi,

Could someone elaborate, what are the key differences between ALM11 and QC11? I've understood that QC11 contains a sub-set of ALM11's features.

Advisor
Nick_B_1
Message 17 of 31 (20,299 Views)

In a nutshell, on top of the HP Quality Center 11 core functionality, HP Application Lifecycle Management 11 also has the following components/functionality:

• Project Planning & Tracking - Leverage ALM data to create KPIs and track them against key project milestones
  • Cross-project reporting - Aggregate metrics and trends across multiple projects providing a holistic view.
  • Asset Libraries (Requirements and Tests) for sharing and reuse across multiple projects
  • Centralized Process Standardization - Create centralized templates to standardize and enforce workflows/process across multiple projects.
  • Defect Sharing - Share defects across multiple projects (Helpful where an application touches multiple projects or where a developer wants all their defects from multiple projects in one view)
  • The High Availability Server (Optional purchase for QC) to allow for scalability across large enterprises is included at no extra cost

www.cloudforge.com
Occasional Visitor
Nanu
Message 18 of 31 (20,299 Views)

Hi

Could you please provide me the following clarification?

1) Is QC11 & ALM both are same?

2) Does this ALM ready for Enterprise use ( as it has mentioned that the product has not been publicly announced)?

3) When it will be lunched to public?

4) can i get a comparative study of features between Qc10 & QC 11?

nanu

Advisor
Nick_B_1
Message 19 of 31 (20,299 Views)

1)  HP QC 11 Enterprise and HP ALM 11 are different.  ALM 11 contains all the features of QC 11 plus the premium functionality mention above.

2)  It is totally ready for enterprise use.  It has been built on top of (and expanded) what was the QC foundation.  The functionality with HP ALM is designed to allow enterprises to gain better control and visibility into their application projects across application lifecycle.

3)  Unfortunately I can't disclose the public launch date but you can download a 30 day trial version here:

https://h20575.www2.hp.com/evalportal/try.do?productNumber=TC096AAE

4) To find out exactly what's new in the product, you can find this document on the support website:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM997946/binary/ALM11.00_WhatsNew.pdf

Here's a quick summary of some of the highlights:

• HP Sprinter (Revolutionary manual testing tool)
  • Business Process Model Integration
  • Requirements Templates
  • New Rich Text/Word-like interface for Requirements
  • Test Configurations
  • New Project Reporting
  • New Dev Collaboration

www.cloudforge.com
Frequent Advisor
Jesper
Message 20 of 31 (20,299 Views)

Are there any training courses available for HP ALM 11? Located in Oslo, Norway

Maybe some for admins. and users?

thanks

Jesper

Occasional Visitor
T-MRBorlund
Message 21 of 31 (20,357 Views)

Hi Nick

Thanks for your presentation at HP User-conference in Copenhagen.

I am looking for a HP certification concerning ALM 11.

With focus on the administrative part if possible.

Either e-learning or course.

Hope you can provide me with info or links.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards

Mike Borlund, Tieto Denmark

Occasional Visitor
thor_olav
Message 22 of 31 (20,357 Views)

I will believe that SQS is the company to talk to (we are also talking to them for training in 2011).

Let me know what you decide, but we are going to have conducted some sort of training in march-april next year.

Occasional Visitor
Rehan
Message 23 of 31 (20,357 Views)

Does anyone know how to download QC11 Enterprise. Everytime i look for QC11 software, it takes me to ALM11 download page. And i remember someone saying that QC11 is different than ALM 11

Thank You

Occasional Visitor
Rehan
Message 24 of 31 (20,357 Views)

How do i attend HPSU to see the roadmap presenations from QC 10 to QC 11. i am still confused if QC 11 and ALM11 are two different softwares or same software with 2 names !!!!

Advisor
Nick_B_1
Message 25 of 31 (20,357 Views)

Quality Center 11 (Enterprise Edition) is the next release of Quality Center 10 (Enterprise Edition).  HP Application Lifecycle Management 11 is the next release of Quality Center 10 (Premier Edition).  With this latest release of ALM, the audience this software addresses has been expanded beyond Quality now providing a common platform across the application lifecycle for all the key stakeholders.

Both editions of the products share the same install files and a common platform.  The additional HP ALM functionality is activated by a license key.  

We have an upcoming webinar on "What's new in HP Quality Center and HP ALM 11.0"

Find out more details here and register:

http://h30501.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Management-Information/Upcoming-Webinar-What-s-new-in-HP-Qualit...

www.cloudforge.com
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.