Re: QC 9.2 - Excel Report Generator - Stuck in loop at progress bar (571 Views)
Frequent Collector
JonathanGraham
Message 1 of 5 (627 Views)

QC 9.2 - Excel Report Generator - Stuck in loop at progress bar

Hi everyone,

When I attempt to generate an excel spreadsheet or run a query from the excel report generator, the system becomes stuck in an infinate loop at the progress bar.

I have tried running reports on various PCs using various projects to no avail.

We bounced the database and application server, again to no avail either.

Simple queries in the generator which I know will return little or no data also get stuck in the infinite loop. I also ran the generator on a small training project to ensure it wasnt a performance issue. No joy there either.

It should also be noted that our users are not experiencing any performance issues.

Do you have any recommendations on where I should be looking at in order to figure out the potential cause of the problem?

Analysis graphs are working ok so we have no problems returning data via that method.

We are in the middle of a vital test cycle so applying any patching or version upgrades would not be the ideal solution.

This functionality was working until two days ago and we have not touched any hardware or software on the QC server over that period of time.

Thanks

Jonny

Component Build

OTA Client 9.2.0.5121  

User Interface 9.2.0.5121  

WebGate Client 9.2.0.5121  

Test Run Scheduler 9.2.0.5121  

Execution Flow 9.2.0.5121  

Site Administration Client 9.2.0.5121

HP Quality Center 9.2 enterprise Edition (formerly TestDirector)

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
RoniRobinson
Message 2 of 5 (613 Views)

Re: QC 9.2 - Excel Report Generator - Stuck in loop at progress bar

What OS?

What version of Excel?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Collector
JonathanGraham
Message 3 of 5 (579 Views)

I dont actually think the OS or excel version is the problem here. It gets stuck in a loop even when I click the test query button.

I can run sql queries from the admin site so it isnt as if there is something really screwy with the database.

I have tested it on Windows XP, Windows 7 and a mixture of Office 2010 and Office 2007.

It really is a strange one.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
visit_alok
Message 4 of 5 (574 Views)

Can you please check that the user group to which the user is part of has the access to generate excel report or only has access to design excel report.
Please note :- Any solution or queries expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Collector
JonathanGraham
Message 5 of 5 (571 Views)

Im running it as TDAdmin with full access to run and edit for the reports.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation