Problem with WebFile Object with IE 8 (234 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Brian Bullock
Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Problem with WebFile Object with IE 8

Hi,

I have a script which interacts with  a WebFile object which works fine with IE 6, but against IE 8 after the Open button is clicked to close the WebFile dialog, the scripts runs very slow, taking over a minute to execute each line.

Has anyone else come across this, and even better a solution..?  We're using QTP 10 with patch QTP_000626.

This is the code

'  Click the Add Attachment button
  Browser("Name").Page("Create").WebFile("Add Attachment").Click

wait 1
  Browser("Name").Dialog("Choose file").WinEdit("Attachment File name").Set AttachmentPath
  Browser("Name").Dialog("Choose file").WinButton("Open").Click

With IE 8, the script becomes very slow after Open is clicked.   Against IE 6 the same script runs fine..

Thanks,

Brian

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 2 (230 Views)

Re: Problem with WebFile Object with IE 8

You will have better luck getting answers to QTP questions in the forum specifically for QTP, vs. the News forum for Quality Management.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation