02-19-2009 12:08 PM
I am getting the password validation failed message while installtion Qualirt Center 10.
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [Mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Password validation failed. The password does not meet Windows policy requirements because it is not complex enough.
I also tried creating td user manually with default password as 9.2 verion (tdtdtd), even that didn't worked.
[Mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'td'.
Any idea what's the new password in Quality Center 10.
Quick reply will be really appreciate...
02-19-2009 12:17 PM
"In SqlServer2005 I created a new login [td] with CHECK_POLICY = OFF"
02-19-2009 12:28 PM
They are ready to create the td account manually, but for that I need the password in QC10. It's not same as in QC 9.2
02-19-2009 11:35 PM
If the default password is changed in QC 10.0....I think its difficult to get it.!
tdtdtd password was disclosed to public by R&D after several issues :)
02-20-2009 05:08 AM
02-20-2009 11:15 AM
1. Start the installation of QC once again.
2. Follow the installation wizard. Come to the screen where it asks for the database details.
3. Give the database name, the DB Admin username and corresponding password. Also click on Show Advanced Options.
4. Here you have a QC User Password, which is filled by default during the installation. Change this password from tdtdtd (the default password already entered) to something more complex like welcome*1 or something.
5. Continue the installation process and it will complete successfully.