Re: NEW !! HP Quality Center Support Customer Forum ! (8714 Views)
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 1 of 29 (9,227 Views)

NEW !! HP Quality Center Support Customer Forum !

Hi, 

We have heard requests from our customers to offer support via the community forums. After a successful pilot on our Service Manager product, we are starting today with a Support Customer Forum for our HP Quality Center product. We are looking at rolling out to other products this year as well.

This forum will only be accessible to those customers who have a valid support contract. This is an additional service for those customers who have a valid support contract on these products.

We have created an automatic process, which will check if there is a valid support contract on logon to the community. It is essential that customers link a valid support contract to their HP Passport profile. We have attached a document which will explain linking a support contract to an HP Passport profile.    

Expect the following activities in the Support customer forum:

• Expert sessions on product related topics via short videos and the ability to ask questions related to the specific session ;
  • Tips and tricks;
  • Information which will improve users knowledge of HP Quality Center
  • Discussions with support experts.

We are also giving customers the possibility to request which activities they would like to see in this forum. 

Our expert team of HP Quality Center Engineers will be actively monitoring these forums to answer questions. We encourage customers to try out this method of support rather than placing a telephone call or logging an online ticket. We do realize there will be situations where a support call is necessary, where we need to do more research.

However, we are hoping that customers will use this forum to get information or help on HP Quality Center Topics. 

As we look to the future, we believe this is a medium where we can provide quick support, share knowledge and help customers use the HP Quality Center product to run their businesses optimally. 

We will still be monitoring the existing public Quality Center forums, but we will prioritize questions coming into this new forum from our customers that have a support contract.

The prerequisite in accessing this new forum will be a valid support contract. Once a valid support contract is linked to a users’ HP Passport account, access to the Quality Center Support Customer Forum should be visible. If access is not granted, please send an email to swcommunity@hp.com and include the valid support contract number along with a company email address and the user’s screen name in the community. 

We hope we can use this forum to build a closer relationship and help build customers’ knowledge on the HP Quality Center product..  

For any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to ask via swcommunity@hp.com  or reply to this post. 

Greetings, 

The HP Software Support Team

Occasional Visitor
smg06247
Message 2 of 29 (9,069 Views)

Re: NEW !! HP Quality Center Support Customer Forum !

My client is thinking about moving to HP Quality Center.   What they need is documentations on functions, navigation, and cost of the licenses.    I am attempting to get an evaluation package together for them,

Thanks

Stephen Gardner

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 3 of 29 (9,064 Views)

Hi Stephen,

I will have someone contact you through a private mail in the community. In the My Community area you will see an envelop. If you click on that it will take you to your community mailbox.

Greetings,

Bill

Visitor
manishpn
Message 4 of 29 (9,017 Views)

Hi Stephen,

I work with the ALM/Quality Center Sales Teams. Can you send me an email with addtional details and I can connect you with the right resources to get the info you are looking for.

manish.nirmal@hp.com

thanks

Manish

Occasional Advisor
hbhilton11
Message 5 of 29 (8,993 Views)

While I understand you need to limit access to these forums, the requirement for Support Contract information is limiting for folks in my situation:

I'm a sub-contractor to a large government agency that implemented Quality Center over 5-6 years ago. The Support Contract information is available only to the division that provides Site Admin support (perform database administration tasks, eval and implement upgrades, Create projects, provide basic project support). Most of the PROJECT admins (TDAdmin) are the ones setting up process/procedure at the project level.

Is it possible to split the forum between SITE ADMIN content (where support contract info would be required) and PROEJCT ADMIN content, where another requirement could be met? Perhaps an application citing years of experience, # of projects supported, level of project customization achieved, etc.??

I was a Site Admin in a Mercury QC installation, then in a HP QC house, and have had my wings severely clipped due to these requirements... yet I am the one responsible for the success of QC Projects for my team.

Your thoughts?
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 6 of 29 (8,970 Views)

I understand where you are coming from, working on the product but not allowed to contact support. As we have just started with creating these support customer forums, we are only allowing access to customers with a valid support contract. Having said that we will take your feedback to see in the future how we can give people like you access to these forums.

It is difficult to determine who is knowledge and who is not. Perhaps an idea might be to put together a certification program that you could take to determine if you have sufficient knowledge.

I realize this is not the answer you are looking for, but as I mentioned you need to have a valid support contract to access the customer support forums. Perhaps if the future this could change.

Occasional Visitor
Dwarf
Message 7 of 29 (8,918 Views)

Hi,

I write my first message here, so hello everybody and thanks for all the help I've already found here.

I just wanted to say I'm exactly like hbhilton11. I provide support for new projects, train begginers, etc. Even if my company has a support contract and something like two or three hundred licenses, I don't have acces to support.

I can only ask site admins, who are in a different country, to relay my questions, this can take several weeks (and I'm not talking about patches requests...).

An intermediate solution like allowing acces to persons owning certification would be an idea.

Uzi
Occasional Contributor
Uzi
Message 8 of 29 (8,902 Views)

Is it possible to see the threads in a hirarchy stucture?
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 9 of 29 (8,855 Views)

Could you provide some more feedback on this please? Then I can see what we can do.

Thanks !

Uzi
Occasional Contributor
Uzi
Message 10 of 29 (8,844 Views)

Hi,

I meant to this kind of structure:

post1

|----answer1

|----answer2

|----answer3

|----Answer4                                   

Occasional Advisor
hbhilton11
Message 11 of 29 (8,790 Views)

While you are looking at design considerations, you may wish to do a little performance testing on your blog site.  Personally, I find it very challenging to use because there is a significant lag time between an action I take and the screen response. During this lag there is no indication that the site is downloading.  (EX:  in IE 7,  the status in the lower left hand of the screen indicates "Done", and the icon next to the URL tag in the Tab is not rotating so as to indicate activity). 

When I do a search, it takes about 60-90 seconds to see results, and another 90 seconds for the screen to respond to any screen action (scrolling or clicking a link).  In fact, at first delivery,  the links are not identified or available... if I mouse over them, the curser does not change to an arrow indiating there is a selectable object.

I understand this may be my PC/Environment, but I've also checked from my home PC (ie. 7;  ie.8) and have the same issues.

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 12 of 29 (8,747 Views)

Hi,

What you can try is to go to a forum and then select "Board options" ( top right ) and then select "List by topics".

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 13 of 29 (8,746 Views)

Thanks for sending this. I will discuss this with the community admin and have him get back to you.

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 14 of 29 (8,737 Views)

[ Edited ]

>What you can try is to go to a forum and then select "Board options" (top right) and then select "List by topics".

I see them as top left.

Hmm, I thought you could only select between topic and linear order in the Preferences:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences%3Adisplay

Format for displaying posts

It appears that both change the board AND topic pages layout.  The latter isn't so good since you can only see one post at a time, though you see the other post headers.

Community Manager
Warren_Admin
Message 15 of 29 (8,715 Views)

Dennis is correct. These options are in your profile preferences.

Thanks,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Community Manager
Warren_Admin
Message 16 of 29 (8,714 Views)

If you are seeing significant lag time while searching, it would be helpful if you could provide a search on which you were experiencing this performance issue. I have done several advanced searches this morning, including a specific phrase, excluding some words, etc. I did four searches, and none of them took longer than about 2.5 seconds. Of course, any load that you have on your system, network overhead, VPNs, etc., can affect perceived  performance.

Thanks,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 17 of 29 (8,195 Views)

I have a question about the new Customer Forum.

I notice a lot of "customers" respond to the posts trying to supply solutions. I thought this new forum was specifically set up to get support from HP Support, and our existing forum was to get input from other users. What is HP Support's policy on responding to posts in the Support forum if they see that customers are responding to it?
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 18 of 29 (8,120 Views)

Hi Trudy,

Members can still provide answers to questions in the Support Customers forums, however their will be support engineers in these forums as well to answer questions. Something some members could be quicker in providing their feedback. The forum is not intended only to have support engineers reply.

We will be looking at providing tips on Quality Center by our engineers and we will be asking our members what kind of information or material they would like to see be provided in this forum. We are looking at sharing more information in the forum. As this is new we are learning, so if you have any feedback on how we can improve the forum or ideas please let me know.

We will be reaching out to members soon on what product topics they would like to get more information on. We then will create short videos on these topics.

Greetings,

Bill

Frequent Advisor
Nick_NIPR
Message 19 of 29 (6,311 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the "mapping" or connecting of System or User Fields from the Requirement Module to the Test Plan Module.  Most likely this is necessary through the script editor customizations. 

All I want to do is connect fields from the requirement to the corresponding labels in the test plan when a test is generated from a requirement.  It seems like it should be fairly straight forward, creating the relationship between the field names but I have some questions.

Do you want me to ask here or can someone contact me?

Occasional Advisor
QCresearcher
Message 20 of 29 (4,616 Views)

Bill, Is there any way to access the Expert's Day postings that took place a couple weeks ago for Quality Center? I participated and wanted to go back over some of the feedback I received but it doesn't seem to be accessible now? Thanks for your help.

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 21 of 29 (4,609 Views)

Hi,

It should be available to you. The forum is available.

As this is an limited access forum, were you logged into the community? You need to be logged in to access the support customer forum.

When you are logged in, go to the  Quality Center / ALM . Do you see the Quality Center Support Customer Forum?

If so, then you can click on it to access it.

If you are still experiencing issues, please let me know.

Greetings,

Bill

Occasional Advisor
QCresearcher
Message 22 of 29 (4,604 Views)

Thanks Bill, I click on the link and see Quality Center Support and News Forum, clicking on that I see the Quality Center Support Customer Forum entry you made (this entry we are on now), but I'm not seeing how to get to the postings made back during the Experts Day, did I take a wrong turn somewhere? LOL, sorry to be so much trouble.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 23 of 29 (4,600 Views)

No worries, glad you have access. The posts that occurred during the expert day are in this forum. If you want to search for something specific, let's say the posts you started then do the following:

Click on your member id: QCresearcher

This will take you to your profile and you should see all the discussions you participated in.

Then click on "view all", to view all your posts. You should see the posts you submitted during the expert day.

Or where you searching for another posts that was submitted by someone else? If so, using the search functionality is the forum. 

If this doesn't help you out then let me know.

Greetings,

Bill

Occasional Advisor
QCresearcher
Message 24 of 29 (4,598 Views)

I think I figured it out Bill. Our SAID id expired 5/31 so I bet I can no longer view those posts since they required the SAID id. Just a guess. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 25 of 29 (4,597 Views)

Yes, you do need a valid SAID. Will it be renewed? What where you looking for ?  I can send it to you via a private message in the community. Let me know.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.