Re: Location Of Attachments in Quality Center 9.0 (987 Views)
Advisor
Message 1 of 9 (987 Views)
Accepted Solution

Location Of Attachments in Quality Center 9.0

Where does QC keep the actual physical attachment file? We can find the Attachment name in the CROS_REF table, but thats about it.
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 9 (987 Views)

Re: Location Of Attachments in Quality Center 9.0

If your project repository is on the file system you should see your attachments under the attach folder. The attach folder is found under your project folder in your application server.

The path for your project repository can be found on the Site Administrator, Projects Tab. Click on the Project and the path is found on Project Directory field on the right side of the screen.

Advisor
Message 3 of 9 (987 Views)

I am not an admin on that box. Do I need an administrator to extract these files for me and will they be in the .xls and .vsd formats they were uploaded in?
Honored Contributor
Message 4 of 9 (987 Views)

Yes. It will be stored in the same format as it was when you made the attachment. You need access to the server to get to those files. The other way is to ask your server admin to grant shared access to the attach folder which you can map it to your network drive and access from your pc.
Honored Contributor
Message 5 of 9 (987 Views)

I am curios why you need the direct access to the attachments if you are not an adminsitrator?

If you are not an adminsitrator use standard gui interface to get the attachments or use your VBscript from your project to get the attachments you need.
Occasional Advisor
Message 6 of 9 (987 Views)

Try to access the throu' Run command in windows

start->Run->type ipaddress / Servername
Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 9 (987 Views)

I have a similar issue with the names of the automated scripts stored in QC. I am planning to implement a plug-in to a third party tool (VersionOne) that requires the physical location of test scripts. Is there a way that I can set a user-defined field to display the filename path or some other method to indirectly retrieve this information?
Honored Contributor
Message 8 of 9 (987 Views)

I think you should be able to have a user defined field display the filepath. The OTA Test object has an ExtendedStorage property, which in its turn has a ServerPath property.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Occasional Visitor
Message 9 of 9 (987 Views)

Physical files gets stored under 'Attach' folder of the project repository.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.