License Installation for QTP 11 (741 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Christopher Martello
Message 1 of 4 (741 Views)

License Installation for QTP 11

I installed Quick Test Professional version 11 after uninstalling QTP Version 9.5. I have a seat license for 9.5, I installed it, and it said successfully installed. But when I launched Quick Test Professional, it said "The software license in use will expire in 30 days" (now I'm down to 20) and when I click on About it says "demo". So I tried reinstalling it and it said "Failed to install the license key. It is already installed". What is the best way to resolve this issue. Thank you!
"My software can beat up your software"
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Erodabasi Atacan
Message 2 of 4 (741 Views)

Re: License Installation for QTP 11

Hi,
It says not only "...It is already installed..." I says also that after 30 days when this license expires the installed seat license will be used ;-)
I would say, wait 30 days (in you case wait 20 days) and check if the seat license will be used. Otherwise open a case by HP.
Kind regards,
A.E.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rhonda Robinson
Message 3 of 4 (741 Views)

I do not believe that the installed seat license will "magically" become valid after the 30 days. QTP 9.5 licenses are not valid for QTP 11. You must request a new license key.
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
stonedinaus
Message 4 of 4 (741 Views)

Are you sure it isn't just the Service Test license that it is complaining about. I have installed QTP 11 and got a similar message which did confuse me until I realised it was related to the install being a Functional Test (?) license rather than a QTP license. When the time is up, it reverts to just the FT and add-on licenses.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation