Re: Launch of Quality Center Enterprise 11.50 Technology Preview Forum (21599 Views)
Advisor
QC_Product_Mgr
Message 1 of 34 (21,754 Views)

Launch of Quality Center Enterprise 11.50 Technology Preview Forum

With the release of version 11.50 for HP ALM/Quality Center Enterprise, HP has a two-part release strategy. HP ALM 11.50 is being made generally available while Quality Center Enterprise v 11.50 is launched as Technology Preview Edition and is NOT GA.

If you are a Quality Center Enterprise (QCE) customer on version 11.0 or prior and are interested in the new features of HP ALM 11.50 (“Lab Management”, HP Sprinter 11.50 and Application Lifecycle Intelligence (ALI)) and one can download the trial version of HP ALM 11.50 from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/software.html?compURI=1174315

If you would like to check out the new capabilities of “Quality center Enterprise”or Business Process Testing (BPT) for version 11.50 (which is NOT GA), it is released in “Technology Preview” mode, we have a specific forum http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-11-50-Technical/bd-p/quality-center-technical-preview

Why the need for the forum?

Most enterprise software today are released in a “Community Release” or “Preview” mode to gather feedback from the user community; comment on new functionality and incorporate any critical changes/bugs prior to general release. Improving the installation and upgrade experience was something we heavily focused on with the “Technology Preview” release of Quality Center Enterprise v 11.50. To re-emphasize, QC Enterprise 11.50 and Business Process Testing 11.50 are not yet released, but ARE available as part of our Technology Preview program

Quality Center – Technology Preview program details:

• Open to Existing Customers ONLY. ONLY HP Customers who have a valid SAID for the Quality Center Enterprise / HP ALM products will be allowed access.
  • As part of the download of the Quality Center Enterprise – Technology Preview edition, you need to agree to the TSFP (Technology Support Feedback Program) agreement. This agreement lists the detailed legal language for evaluating software and providing feedback.
  • Quality Center Enterprise – Technology Preview edition software has to be installed on NON-PRODUCTION environments i.e.. staging, development, or test environments. It is NOT meant for production system usage in its current form.
  • Customer and community feedback will be gathered through discussions on this forum. Key R&D and Support personnel will be involved on a regular basis in the discussions and feedback aggregation process.
  • Business Process Testing (BPT) is a part of the Technology Preview program.
Please use plain text.
ClaudioTercero
Message 2 of 34 (21,919 Views)

Re: Launch of Quality Center Enterprise 11.50 Technology Preview Forum

Hi,

Is there an ETA for QC 11.5 for production?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
QC_Product_Mgr
Message 3 of 34 (21,886 Views)

The current ETA for QC 11.5 is expected to be towards the end of the calendar year 2012.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Giddyup
Message 4 of 34 (21,838 Views)

Do wish HP provided an online QC 11.50 application site, that we could use for testing out this new version for HP. Then we could use our approved IDs and passwords that are already connected to our SAIDs.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
QC_Product_Mgr
Message 5 of 34 (21,811 Views)

That forum does exist today it is called "Quality Center Enterprise 11.50 Technology Preview Forum"

If you would like to check out the new capabilities of “Quality center Enterprise” v 11.50 or Business Process Testing (BPT) for version 11.50 (which is NOT GA), it is released in “Technology Preview” mode, we have a specific forum http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-11-50-Technical/bd-p/quality-center-technical-preview

As long as you have HP passport with valid SAID, you can download and access the software.

Vandan

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 6 of 34 (21,808 Views)

It would be nice if HP could provide this technology preview in a SaaS format, so that we don't have to sacrifice our own hardware resources to host another instance of ALM just to preview the new features.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
amit_saha1986
Message 7 of 34 (21,599 Views)

Does this update has a intregation capaility with RTC 3.0 or RTC 4.0

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
AdiKidron
Message 8 of 34 (21,542 Views)

Hi,

What kind of integration are you looking for?

ALM has a tool called 'ALM synchronier' : https://hpln.hp.com/group/synchronizer-content-alm

which allows you to integrate and sync third party content (items->defect,requirements). The tool also provides SDK for new adapters development

Adi Kidron 

Functional Architect - ALM

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
Bhushan_Meena
Message 9 of 34 (20,353 Views)

Currently I am trying to install the ALM 11.5 on Win 2008 x64 SP1. Receiving following error message, Right before the server configuration wizard.

C:\Program Files\HP\HP Application LifeCycle Management 11.50\java\bin\ALM.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

FYI,

Installed Java 32 Bit and 64 Bit on the machine. Does the Setup have some problem?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AmitAmely
Message 10 of 34 (20,283 Views)

Hi,

I'm Amit from ALM RnD.

Having Java installations on your server shouldn't make any problems.

I've got some questions and requests to resolve your problem:

1. Have you installed the 64-bit Windows version of ALM?

2. Where did you take the installation files from?

3. Where do you see this error?

4. At this stage, ALM is installed but not configured. Can you run the configuration wizard from the start menu?

5. If you tried (4) and got the same error, delete the file ALM.exe, copy java.exe and rename the copy to ALM.exe, then try running the configuration wizard again. Does it work?

Thanks,

Amit

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
darktelecom
Message 11 of 34 (19,968 Views)

Hello.

I would like to know two things about QC 11 or 11.5.

1) does it have a REST or SOAP interface for managing issues (requirements, tests, etc) from a third-party app? if so, which version supports this?

2) the web interface is it pure web based or does it require ActiveX or other proprietary plugins, as it did in the past?

Thanks.

Sergio Freire

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
AdiKidron
Message 12 of 34 (19,846 Views)

1) we use REST API but it's still in Technology Preview mode. you  can use some functions related to requirements, tests - but the may not work 100%. i'll be happy to hear which API's you need the most.

2) it's with ActiveX - same as before. pure web interface will be for the new line of products. next week a public beta will be available for Agile Manager.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
nsqt
Message 13 of 34 (18,972 Views)

HI sir i want ti use QC for testing but i am not getting proper link to download.please help me to find link for downloading.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
nsqt
Message 14 of 34 (18,972 Views)

how to download trial version of QC.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 15 of 34 (18,937 Views)

From the original post in this thread:

"If you are a Quality Center Enterprise (QCE) customer on version 11.0 or prior and are interested in the new features of HP ALM 11.50 (“Lab Management”, HP Sprinter 11.50 and Application Lifecycle Intelligence (ALI)) and one can download the trial version of HP ALM 11.50 from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/softwa​re.html?compURI=1174315"
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jorbal
Message 16 of 34 (18,218 Views)

[ Edited ]

I get this message when wanting to see the second link you posted "Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action."

How do I get access?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
AdiKidron
Message 17 of 34 (18,212 Views)

Hi,

Your HP Passport ID should be linked to a valid HPSW license.

contact the community support for more info

Adi

Please use plain text.
Advisor
QC_Product_Mgr
Message 18 of 34 (16,177 Views)

Download links for Quality Center Enterprise 11.50 Technology Preview having issues

Hi,

I wanted to apologize for the recent inconvenience caused during downloading the trial software for "QC 11.5 Technology Preview". We are working diligently to fix this issue and ensure that our customers do have access to the software to evaluate and an updated license key as well.

We do expect this to be addressed early next week i.e.. Week of December 10th, 2012.

Once again apologies for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience as we work through sorting the underlying issues.

Regards

Vandan Nayak (vnayak@hp.com)

Product Manager for Quality Center Enterprise.

Please use plain text.
Michal_Sobecki
Message 19 of 34 (14,685 Views)

Hello,

it's 2013 and QC 11.50 prod is still not released. Any news regarding new ETA for this product?

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
JoshSegar
Message 20 of 34 (14,076 Views)

It has been an additional 2 weeks since the last request.  Any details of when QC Enterprise 11.5 will be Released ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
QC_Product_Mgr
Message 21 of 34 (13,606 Views)

Quality Center Enterprise 11.50 is scheduled for a mid- 2013 release. 

Regards

Vandan Nayak

Product Manager for Quality Center Enterprise

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Barbara J. Moore
Message 22 of 34 (12,066 Views)

Is it to late to preview Quality Center Enterprise 11.50?

The link to the preview in this forum doesn't seem to exist any more.  If the download is available, can you instruct me to the correct URL?

I have several test configurations that include Windows 7 64 bit, 1.6 JRE and Internet 9, that I have not been able to test using the currently released QTP / QC 11.0. 

I am hoping 11.5 will be the solution I have been waiting for.

Thanks.

Barbara

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
john scarpino
Message 23 of 34 (12,027 Views)

Barbara,

Here you go.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ssl/dlc/dlc_agreement.html?prodNumber=TC096BAE&siebelid=3-3H9UAHA&lang=en&c... Software&cpt_resource_type=hp.resource_type.software_trial.label&sectionid=software&subbu=TSG.Software&simpletitle=HP%20ALM%20product%20page

Best regards,

John Scarpino, D.Sc.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
William Schmitt
Message 24 of 34 (11,545 Views)

Link doesn't work:

"download could not be performed at this time"

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Ravindrareddi
Message 25 of 34 (11,382 Views)

Getting

"download could not be performed at this time"

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation