Last run report from Test Lab (712 Views)
Regular Advisor
MACHMAN
Message 1 of 6 (712 Views)

Last run report from Test Lab

Hi i am using the following query to get the test execution report with steps. I am getting the values of all the runs but i want to know the test execution report of only Last run . ..

SELECT CYCLE.CY_CYCLE as Test_Set ,
CYCLE.CY_CYCLE_ID as Test_Set_ID,
TESTCYCL.TC_TEST_INSTANCE as Test_Instance_Name,
TESTCYCL.TC_CYCLE_ID as Test_Instance_Test_Set_ID,
TEST.TS_NAME as Test_Case,
TEST.TS_TEST_ID as Test_Case_ID,
st_description as Step_Description ,
st_expected as Step_expectedresult ,
TESTCYCL.TC_TESTER_NAME as Tester,
STEP.ST_STEP_NAME as Step_Name,
STEP.ST_STATUS as Step_Status
FROM CYCLE, TESTCYCL, TEST, STEP, RUN
where test.ts_name like '%calling%'
AND (CYCLE.CY_CYCLE_ID = TESTCYCL.TC_CYCLE_ID)
AND (TEST.TS_TEST_ID = TESTCYCL.TC_TEST_ID)
AND (RUN.RN_TESTCYCL_ID = TESTCYCL.TC_TESTCYCL_ID)
AND (STEP.ST_RUN_ID = RUN.RN_RUN_ID)
ORDER BY CYCLE.CY_CYCLE, TESTCYCL.TC_TEST_ID

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 6 (707 Views)

Re: Last run report from Test Lab

Find a SQL reference and look up aggregate functions like MAX. You may also have to change the query to use JOINs to bring in the data from other tables insetad of the simple SELECT and WHERE clauses.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
MACHMAN
Message 3 of 6 (697 Views)

[ Edited ]

I reallly appriciate your help ..I tried using max function but it seems it doesn't work ..i am getting srrors, i tried using limit , row_num functions too but its throwing same error msg for all these ...

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
MACHMAN
Message 4 of 6 (682 Views)

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-Support-and-News/How-to-query-the-MAX-RUN-RN-EXECUTION-D...

i found this query but even this is not working ...its throwing error message showing QC cannot run the query contains invalid statements ...

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 5 of 6 (666 Views)

Regarding your post from Saturday, so the full query you are now trying to run and the error messages you are getting.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
WW639283
Message 6 of 6 (663 Views)

May not be the solution you are lookin for but

You can order by the execution date,time and get the first fewrecords that you need

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation