Invalid Server Response" : QC 10.0 (3953 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Message 1 of 12 (3,953 Views)

Invalid Server Response" : QC 10.0

Dear All,

Recently I have installed Quality Center 10.0 and it's worked fine. From yesterday onwards we are not able to login
to QC and getting "Invalid Server Response" when i try login to quality center with valid username and password.
Please advice.
Reference
QC 10.0, Windows 2007, SQL DB,JBoss Application Server
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 12 (3,953 Views)

Re: Invalid Server Response" : QC 10.0

Be sure the Quality Center Service is running on the App server. You may try restarting this service, as well. If, for some reason, the DB server was restarted, the App server can no longer connect to the DB. Always make sure the DB is up prior to starting the App Server and/or the QC Service.
Frequent Advisor
Message 3 of 12 (3,953 Views)

Restarted the application server... No use..

I am not able to login to QC 10.00

Pls advice
Esteemed Contributor
Message 4 of 12 (3,953 Views)

We had the same proble yesterday and then we came to know that td user pasword has been changed at the SQL server database.

So please check with you DBA if any changes has been done on the database end.

Did you make any changes to the QC war files?
Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 12 (3,953 Views)

I had the same problem, but I have cracked it.
Apparently SQL server was set to Windows authentication only.
After I reset it to SQL Server and Windows authentication mode everything worked fine again.
Off course you have to restart SQL server service and HP Quality Center service (JBoss) as well after that in that order.
Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 12 (3,953 Views)

I'm having similar problems but during login, I can log fine it's when i want to change the parameters in the interation for a BPT that I get teh "invalid server response" error..or if I navigate from BPT to Test Lab the error appears.
Advisor
Message 7 of 12 (3,953 Views)

you only need to restart your sql server service ,and at the same time you should start sql server browser service .

I use sql server 2005,and i troubled the same problem ,I use the method to solve it !
Occasional Visitor
Message 8 of 12 (3,953 Views)

I got the same error as well. It got fixed fixed after getting MSSQL SERVER running.

Goto SQLServer Congiguration Manager from MSSQL server 2005 -> Configuration tools -> SQL Server configuration manager and make sure it is running.

If not, enable SQL related services through msconfig.

Occasional Advisor
Message 9 of 12 (3,953 Views)

Found out another reason that this can occur: if you have a copy of the 20qcbin.jar - even if it is named differently but has the JAR extemnsion - in the same folder JBoss will STILL try and use it and complile and use it with QC - and thus cause a dual (or mmore) output situation. JBoss has no idea which one to use and it breaks QC giving this error message. I think this also occurs if you have multiple siteadmin.xml config files - also with different names - it sees the xml file and tries to use it also. I had this problem and it took me 8 hours before I stumbled upon the fact though a chance comment that JBoss does not allow different named jar files in the same folder.
Occasional Advisor
Message 10 of 12 (3,953 Views)

should have typed .war instead of jar for the 20qcbin.war file type.
Occasional Visitor
Message 11 of 12 (2,202 Views)

I just started having a similar problem.  We have had QC 10 installed for about 3 years now. I am one of the Admins.  Yesterday I tried to log in to see a colleagues access rights and got "Invalid Server Response". Here is the strange part.  Everyone one else can sign in to QC with no problems. (5 users).  This morning I could get into Site Admin and could look at my account, I changed the password and updated my account. Still no luck. Now, this afternoon I can't get into Site Admin.

Regular Advisor
Message 12 of 12 (2,199 Views)

In a similar situation we found the issue was with the database rather than ALM / QC.  Might try checking there as well.

One other place was a log full / disk space issue - the messages don't always indicate exactly where the problem is. Best of luck!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.