Re: Internet Explorer crashes with WPF add-in (561 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Sahil_Ace
Message 1 of 3 (630 Views)

Internet Explorer crashes with WPF add-in

Hi All,

I have a webpage which has a silverlight component.  A script using descriptive programing has been prepared by my colleague. When he uses that script, it runs perfectly . But when I try and run that script , with WPF add-in enabled the IE 8 crashes and displays a message" IE has encountered a Problem and needs to close".

Whereas when i run the same script with WPF-addin disabled the IE runs fine but the script fails.

Both users use the same machine/dektop but with different log-in credentials.

Is there some kind of settings which need to be done for my log-in?

Any help on this issue will be helpfull!!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AmitArora
Message 2 of 3 (613 Views)

Re: Internet Explorer crashes with WPF add-in

Hi,

We are facing same issue. If you find any resolution please update.

Regards,

Amit

Sahil_Ace wrote:

Hi All,

I have a webpage which has a silverlight component.  A script using descriptive programing has been prepared by my colleague. When he uses that script, it runs perfectly . But when I try and run that script , with WPF add-in enabled the IE 8 crashes and displays a message" IE has encountered a Problem and needs to close".

Whereas when i run the same script with WPF-addin disabled the IE runs fine but the script fails.

Both users use the same machine/dektop but with different log-in credentials.

Is there some kind of settings which need to be done for my log-in?

Any help on this issue will be helpfull!!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
suzu
Message 3 of 3 (561 Views)

Re: Internet Explorer crashes with WPF add-in

Please try this.It may solve your problem

Install the Following patches in order:
    QTPNET_00099.exe
    QTPNET_00106.exe
    QTPNET_00109.exe
Prior to installing them, please ensure that the security update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package is installed on the QTP computer.
You can download it from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2.

Let me know if any progress.

thanks

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation