Re: Integration with other products (192 Views)
Occasional Visitor
visionBI
Message 1 of 4 (200 Views)

Integration with other products

Is there a way, using Open Test Architecture programming to integrate QC with other applications.

I want to run a command (command-line like command) from one of QC models

Respected Contributor
leobor
Message 2 of 4 (192 Views)

Re: Integration with other products

There are almost endless examples of integation between QC and other applications using OTA. Look for guidelines in your QC Document Library - "Getting started with OTA" guide.

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 3 of 4 (172 Views)

If you want to execute something external from WITHIN QC then you will need to customize the workflow code within QC. Customization of workflow code is discussed in the Administrator Guide.

The OTA API is used to access QC data. It can be used by external applications, or it can be used within QC within customized workflows. I don't think the API really gives you any special help to access external/other applications from within QC.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Occasional Contributor
anjistic
Message 4 of 4 (167 Views)

To add a new custom test type do we require to change the workflow using the adminstrator guide too or the custom test type APIs will suffice ?
As i have tried using the custom test type guide but the name of the new test typoe is not appearing in the QC tests.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.