Importing Test Plans / Cases / Scripts to HP Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition (305 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MCMikeG
Message 1 of 4 (305 Views)

Importing Test Plans / Cases / Scripts to HP Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition

Hi,

What is the best way to import Test Plans / Cases / Scripts into HP Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition  ?  Excel Add-in ?

And how do I generate or download an Excel template that has all the fields required to import a Test Case with all its steps ?

Regards

Michael

Honored Contributor
Jan Czajkowski
Message 2 of 4 (283 Views)

Re: Importing Test Plans / Cases / Scripts to HP Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition

Yes, use the Excel Add-in, https://hpln.hp.com/page/alm-excel-addin-page/#Addin_11

You don't need an Excel template. Check out the user guide.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 3 of 4 (253 Views)

Re: Importing Test Plans / Cases / Scripts to HP Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition

You will need to perform one time field mapping Excel & QC fields...the steps are simple as mentioned in the guide.

Occasional Visitor
MCMikeG
Message 4 of 4 (240 Views)

I don't understand why it wouldn't be helpful to have some sample Excel templates ?  Surely the starting point for setting up an import to QC is to know what fields can be imported and what they correspond to in the application ?  Also for Test Cases clearly you need to know which fields map to the Test Case and which to the multiple steps in the Test case ?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.