Importing Test Plans / Cases / Scripts to HP Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition (180 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MCMikeG
Message 1 of 4 (180 Views)

Importing Test Plans / Cases / Scripts to HP Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition

Hi,

What is the best way to import Test Plans / Cases / Scripts into HP Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition  ?  Excel Add-in ?

And how do I generate or download an Excel template that has all the fields required to import a Test Case with all its steps ?

Regards

Michael

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jan Czajkowski
Message 2 of 4 (158 Views)

Re: Importing Test Plans / Cases / Scripts to HP Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition

Yes, use the Excel Add-in, https://hpln.hp.com/page/alm-excel-addin-page/#Addin_11

You don't need an Excel template. Check out the user guide.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 3 of 4 (128 Views)

Re: Importing Test Plans / Cases / Scripts to HP Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition

You will need to perform one time field mapping Excel & QC fields...the steps are simple as mentioned in the guide.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
MCMikeG
Message 4 of 4 (115 Views)

I don't understand why it wouldn't be helpful to have some sample Excel templates ?  Surely the starting point for setting up an import to QC is to know what fields can be imported and what they correspond to in the application ?  Also for Test Cases clearly you need to know which fields map to the Test Case and which to the multiple steps in the Test case ?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation