IIS and QC configuration procedures (2776 Views)
Advisor
Message 1 of 20 (2,776 Views)
Accepted Solution

IIS and QC configuration procedures

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy IIS manually but I am missing some settings, where I am not able to open the application, it gives me a blank page. Any one can help me regarding the steps from adding sites to complete settings?

if possible, please write a step to step description, it will be very helpful.

Environment : server 2008, R2. IIS 7.

Thank you indvance.

Respected Contributor
Message 2 of 20 (2,771 Views)

Re: IIS and QC configuration procedures

General:

• Firstly, before you run install, please ensure IIS is installed on the server machine.
  • Secondly, when running ALM server install, when selecting web server, please ensure that "IIS" is selected as the web server.

Details: Open "Server Manager", in "Roles" section, check "Roles Summary" to see if 'Web Server (IIS)' is listed. If it is listed then it shows that IIS 7.5 has already been installed on the machine.

1. If IIS is not listed there, then click 'Add Roles' link, then select 'Web Server (IIS)' in the roles list and install it.
  2. When installing IIS, please ensure the following items are included, if you didn't include them during IIS installation, you can click 'Add Role Service' to add them to IIS.
    1. Application Development
      1. ASP.NET
      2. .NET Extensibility
      3. ISAPI Filters (If IIS is installed on Windows 2008)
      4. ISAPI ExtensionsUntitled.png
    2. Security
      1. Basic Authentication
      2. Windows Authentication
    3. Management Tools
      1. IIS Management Console
      2. IIS 6 Management Compatibility
        1. IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
        2. IIS 6 WMI Compatibility
        3. IIS 6 Scripting Tools
        4. IIS 6 Management Console
  3. When installing IIS, please ensure the following items are included, if you didn't include them during IIS installation, you can click 'Add Role Service' to add them to IIS.
  4. Now you can start to install ALM Server. When configuring ALM Server, on web server selection page, choose "IIS" and complete the installation.
  5. After installation is done, check IIS.
    1. [IIS 7.5]: Go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Internet Information Services(IIS) Manager.
    2. [IIS 7.5]:Expand the tree in the left pane, if needed, a directory in which the ALM virtual directory is located. In Apollo, it is named as 'application_lifecycle_management' on the tree.
    3. [IIS 7.5]:Select above virtual directory 'application_lifecycle_management' and in the right pane, click 'Authentication' icon. 'Anonymous Authentication','Basic Authentication' and 'Windows Authentication' should be listed.
    4. [IIS 6.0]:TBD
  6. Test connection: Use IE to access http://<ALM Server Name>:<IIS Port>/qcbin, ALM login page should be displayed successfully.
Respected Contributor
Message 3 of 20 (2,770 Views)

If be honest, when I on installing IIS steps, I usually selecting all IIS role services :)
Advisor
Message 4 of 20 (2,761 Views)

Thank you, Andrey.

While installing QC, by default, I get the jboss option. I do not see any option to choose IIS. I am trying to install Trial Enterprise edition version.

It only says manual deployment. Could you please take me through the manaul deployment and adding the QC to ISS.

Thank you so much.

Respected Contributor
Message 5 of 20 (2,757 Views)

Hi,

I'm not sure about 'manual deployment and adding the QC to ISS.'

(btw, it's strange that configuration wizard does not detect IIS on your system.... if IIS was installed successfully QC should propose to or jbos or IIS)

But you can reconfigure QC:

1. Make sure that iis was installed and started successfully

2. stop qc

3. run file 'run_after_finish.bat' (default path C:\Program Files\HP\HP Application LifeCycle Management)

4. select 'yes i want keep all current settings', go to web server page and select iis

Advisor
Message 6 of 20 (2,754 Views)

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your help.

Running the batch file initiates the QC installation again. I have attached the screenshot of the application servers QC pointing me to deploy.

Appreciate your effort.

Viswa

Respected Contributor
Message 7 of 20 (2,751 Views)

Hi Viswak,

As I see from your screen, you trying to select iis as application server, but iis can be only web server!

when you install qc with app server jbos and web server iis you will have two opened ports for qc clients (by default 8080 and 80), if you want access to qc only from iis you should denied access to port 8080 using your firewall

Advisor
Message 8 of 20 (2,743 Views)

Thank you, Andres.

I got it installed and the WC default jsp page was opening after the installation.I was not able to verify further as an error messag saying "IE 9" not supported. Now, I am trying to downgrade to IE 8.

Meanwhile,  Do I need to do anything on IIS manager version 7? Please guide me.

Superb Job!

Thank you so much.

Respected Contributor
Message 9 of 20 (2,739 Views)

IE9 not supported? O.o
Strange, which version do you use?
anyway, you shouldn't reconfigure iis

Advisor
Message 10 of 20 (2,732 Views)

Hi Andrey,

Thank you so much for your support!

I am able to successfully launch QC but the issue is with the user and password to access. When I try using the user name and password entered at the time of installation is failing. Is there anything I am missing out? I selected IIS?  I am also not sure about the project name.

Could you please help me out to be succesful in the installation?

Yes, IE 9 is not supported so I have downgraded IE to 8.

QC 11 Trial version, EE

Server 2008, R2, IIS 7,

Respected Contributor
Message 11 of 20 (2,730 Views)

[ Edited ]

Did you get any errors or warnings while you trying to login?

User can be not associated with any project, or there can be no project
login to SA and check it: http://<server>:<port>qcbin/SiteAdmin.jsp

Advisor
Message 12 of 20 (2,720 Views)

Hi Andey,

Thank you for your valuable time.

I have attached the screenshot of the jsp starting page.

It looks like the issue is dragging and my tasks are piling up. If you can anytime set up a screensharing session like Gotomeeting or any IM conversation will be very helpful. Please reply with your comfortable timings so that I can set everything for you.

Thank you.

Viswa.

Respected Contributor
Message 13 of 20 (2,712 Views)

Hi,

As I said in previous post 'User can be not associated with any project, or there can be no project'

In attacment you can find video where (on 6 min 25 sec) you can see same massege and steps how to resolve this problem :)

P.S. also you can see how to get posibility to use ALM 11 with IE 9

Advisor
Message 14 of 20 (2,705 Views)

Andrey,

Superb job!

It worked!! fan of u now ;)

I am able to use QC now. If you have any user manual or user guides pdf then please send it to me.

Thank you so much for your help.

I appreciate your support and patience.

Respected Contributor
Message 15 of 20 (2,692 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for marking my post as solution :)

Regarding Guides: 

You can get all Guides from ALM Documentation Library

Below you can find details.

Help.jpg

Advisor
Message 16 of 20 (2,670 Views)

Hey Andrey,

Hope u r doing fine.

On ALM 11, I have a script which gets executed but I am not  getting the option "select the test" on the Test tab to run the test. I have tried with the test id but failed.

I am not able to see my folder created in the test plan on Test lab.

Am I doing it wrong?

I tried numerous ways but was not successful.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Respected Contributor
Message 17 of 20 (2,667 Views)

Hi,
I'm not sure that i understand you!
But if you cant see some folder, there can be applied filter or data hiding filter

Advisor
Message 18 of 20 (2,657 Views)

Sorry for not being clear..

here is the description of what I am trying to achieve.

I have created a new folder  and added a new test plan  with the test script and executed.  It got executed.

When I clicked on the Test lab to add it to run the test, I am not getting the test, which I created and executed. Am I missing something here...?

Please guide me..

If you can give a sample script and the execution steps here, it will be very helpful.

Thank you so much.

Viswa

Andrey_L wrote:

Hi,
I'm not sure that i understand you!
But if you cant see some folder, there can be applied filter or data hiding filter

Occasional Visitor
Message 19 of 20 (1,567 Views)

Thanks a lot, you saved my day :), I have been facing this problem since long time. Now here I got the solution. It was IIS installation.. I uninstall and installed with the required options and now ALM service is started and working properly.

Frequent Visitor
Message 20 of 20 (1,465 Views)

ALM 11.52 and IIS configuration issue

Viswak wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy IIS manually but I am missing some settings, where I am not able to open the application, it gives me a blank page. Any one can help me regarding the steps from adding sites to complete settings?

if possible, please write a step to step description, it will be very helpful.

Environment : server 2008, R2. IIS 7.

Thank you indvance.

Hello ALM experts:

we are planning to roll out HP ALM and as part of it we need the below requirement to work can anyone please look  into it and provide possible solution/pointer

If user types the following URLS:

1. alm-poc

2. http://alm-poc

3. alm-poc:80

4. chs-hpt01

It needs to forward to the following (1) Secure (SSL port:443) (2) HP ALM home page /qcbin/a_start.jsp :

https://alm-poc:443/qcbin

Current state:

1. http://alm-poc:8443/qcbin works when the user types the full URL.  This is not the final state as users should not have to remember the port and qcbin portion of the URL
  2. The alm-poc url is forwarding to 8080 and the home page, needs to use the standard port 80.

Any help is highly appreciated.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.