I am having issues with Drop down list. QTP 10.00 is not recording the selection from drop down list (1381 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Sunrise_2
Message 1 of 4 (1,381 Views)

I am having issues with Drop down list. QTP 10.00 is not recording the selection from drop down list

I am trying to record a script using QTP 10 for an application that is written in Java and uses Activex controls.
I am having issues with Drop down list. QTP 10.00 is not recording the selection from drop down list.
When I click on the dropdown button I get the following code Browser("Pivotal Active Access").Window("Pivotal Active Access").Page("Pivotal Active Access").Frame("Centre").WebButton("WebButton").Click
After this step I have to select the value from the list. What can I do to get the value recorded?
And also I want to mention that QTP does not recognize all the objects while recording, I have to learn those objects and write the code according to that.
Example: when I click on the save button I won’t get the code for that click; I have manually write that line.
Honored Contributor
Rhonda Robinson
Message 2 of 4 (1,381 Views)

Re: I am having issues with Drop down list. QTP 10.00 is not recording the selection from drop down list

What add-ins have you loaded? Try loading the ActiveX add-in and see if your objects get identified.

If this object is truly a drop down list, it should not have recorded as a "WebButton"
Occasional Visitor
Sunrise_2
Message 3 of 4 (1,381 Views)

Re: I am having issues with Drop down list. QTP 10.00 is not recording the selection from drop down list

I have loaded ActiveX, Web and .Net too.
When I spy on the dropdown list I got the class name as Web Edit.
I have tried recording the script by entering the value in the edit field, following is the code.
Browser("Pivotal Active Access").Window("Pivotal Active Access").Page("Pivotal Active Access").Frame("Centre").WebEdit("Action winEdit Box").Set "Direct Mail"
When I run the script I got error message saying
Parameter is Incorrect
Regular Advisor
swami_1
Message 4 of 4 (1,381 Views)

I have had the same issue when the application was updated with ExtJS objects in which the dropdown list is identified as Editbox by QTP.

The solution that worked for me was to click on the button that drops the menu down and then select the value in it by clicking on it.
The click will be performed on a webelement. This is exactly similar to human data entry on the dropdown lists.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.