How to syncronize UFT tests between two ALM instances (168 Views)
Advisor
DiegoColombatto
Message 1 of 2 (168 Views)

How to syncronize UFT tests between two ALM instances

Hello, I've two installations of ALM. One of them contains UFT tests (let's call it ALM A) and the other one (ALM B) should contain a copy of these tests.

Is there a way to copy or syncronize UFT test between two ALM instances?

please consider that this is not a one time operation, I need to keep them aligned after each release of new ALM UFT tests.

thanks and kind regards,
Diego

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 2 (143 Views)

Re: How to syncronize UFT tests between two ALM instances

I can think of two tools for you to consider.

1. The Synchronizer. This is a tool that comes with ALM. Look under the add-ins page. I don't know what all it can be used to synchronize since I don't actually use it. I've heard of it being used to synchronize defects.

2. Libraries and Baselines. Look in the User Guide for information on this. Basically in ALM A projects you would build a Library of the tests and create a Baseline of that library. Then you could export the baseline from ALM A project and import it into ALM B project.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation