How to start with the SQL queries in the QC 10.0? (5994 Views)
Respected Contributor
Srihari_Amgen
Message 1 of 6 (5,994 Views)

How to start with the SQL queries in the QC 10.0?

Hi All,

I am a beginner for QC 10.0,Please advise.

I understood that for generating reports and troubleshooting in QC( Quality Center ) we can use SQL queries from backend of the QC 10.0.

Please guide me through any any tutorial websites,cookbook's or workbook's which will explain how to write queries for different scenarios on the QC 10.0.

I have downloaded the Database reference guide from the quality center,but I want to know when to use and how to use these tables and how to query these tables for getting the desired output.

I did Google search, but could not find any helpful tutorial sites.

Please guide me to the correct forum if this question is not appropriate here.

Thanks, Srihari

Valued Contributor
A_RuhlandK
Message 2 of 6 (5,940 Views)

Re: How to start with the SQL queries in the QC 10.0?

Use the Demo project which should be contained on the installation DVD. This project contains some example reports to start with.

Respected Contributor
Srihari_Amgen
Message 3 of 6 (5,924 Views)

Hi Ruhlandk,

Thanks for your advice.

I am not sure about which demo CD you are specifying.

I am using QC that was aleady installed from the corporate office.

Alternatively planning to download the software from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software/software-product.html?compURI=tcm:245-937045 .

BTW which Demo CD are you referring to?

Can you please point me to that,also can you please tell me how to establish connection between QC and SQL server?

Thanks,

Srihari

Valued Contributor
A_RuhlandK
Message 4 of 6 (5,919 Views)

If you wan to install Quality Center, you will either download an ISO file from HP's support site or you have an installation dvd containing the sources.

In the installation sources, a folder "DemoProject" can be found. This folder contains a qcp file which can be imported into Quality Center via site administration. Database type does not matter for this import.

On the Dashboard module select Analysis view. In this View, some sample excel reports were created for querying the database.

Respected Contributor
Srihari_Amgen
Message 5 of 6 (5,916 Views)

Hi Ruhland,

Thanks a lot.

I donot have the QC DVD.

I will download the software from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software/software-product.html?compURI=tcm:245-937045# and will follow these steps.

Regards,

Srihari

Esteemed Contributor
Venkat457
Message 6 of 6 (5,875 Views)

Srihari,

Since you are using QC 10.0 for using sql's you can navigate to Dashboard module in QC project and create an excel report and then go to query builder.In here you can see the entities pane on to the right side which basically lists all the tables available in that project.Since you have the db reference guide you can check the modules to see how the relation ship is maintained.

Also you can navigate to qc help-->doc library -->QC user guide-->refer to Dashboard module.

Venkat
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.