How to save UFT11.5 scripts in ALM and local drive at same time (325 Views)
Occasional Visitor
VilasRaj
Message 1 of 3 (325 Views)

How to save UFT11.5 scripts in ALM and local drive at same time

Hi,

Can any one please help here to resolve my problems,

I have the fallowing queries,

1. How to save UFT11.5 scripts in ALM  and local drive at same time

2. How to Upload all scripts in ALM i. e i have written 100+ scripts and now i want to upload them into ALM ,

3. How ALM stores the Scripts, Mechanism of storage like it will store as a hole Script folder or a image, if it stores as hole script than it will be stored in DB or Server Hard Disk

4. Is it possible to maintain the versioning in ALM,

5. If i use other versioning tool like GIT , Is it possible to take check out and upload the scripts into ALM

I appreciate the quick response,

Thank You in advance for your valuable information,

Thank You

Vilas Rajeshware

Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 2 of 3 (306 Views)

Re: How to save UFT11.5 scripts in ALM and local drive at same time

1. How to save UFT11.5 scripts in ALM  and local drive at same time

File > Save/Save as.....if you are connected to ALM from UFT, you get option to choose in ALM.

2. How to Upload all scripts in ALM i. e i have written 100+ scripts and now i want to upload them into ALM 

There are few utilities developed by users..you can use the same or check with HP...they might have a utility that can be provided on request as is without any support.

3. How ALM stores the Scripts, Mechanism of storage like it will store as a hole Script folder or a image, if it stores as hole script than it will be stored in DB or Server Hard Disk

You can store OR/datafiles/function libraries in test resources for central access...Refer UFT user guide for more details.

4. Is it possible to maintain the versioning in ALM,

Yes, ALM has buil-in versioning

5. If i use other versioning tool like GIT , Is it possible to take check out and upload the scripts into ALM

Yes, I don't think you can retain the history...as ALM uses it's own versioning system.

Occasional Visitor
VilasRaj
Message 3 of 3 (302 Views)

Re: How to save UFT11.5 scripts in ALM and local drive at same time

Thank You ,

1. In UFT, First it will prompt the user to save script and then it allows user to access the Editor, Here if i save / saveas the script in ALM Test Plan  it will be saved in ALM only it wont reflect in my Local drive, if i save it in File System it will be save in Local only,  So my question is shall we save it on both ALM as well as Local drive at the same time, ?

2. Can you please share the scripts if you have it. It would be very helpful,

Thank You Very much for your timely  and quickly help !

Thank You

Vilas Rajeshware

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.