How to get defect public filters? (77 Views)
Occasional Visitor
tszadel
Message 1 of 4 (77 Views)

How to get defect public filters?

Hi all,

I'm writing a Java connector (http://qcmylyn.sourceforge.net) for Mylyn (http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn) that aims to integrate Qc (9.0, 9.1, 9.2) into Eclipse.
I'm using Jacob and the COM Api.

My problem is: I don't know how to get the public favorites of the Defect component (where you choose the filters and the sorts you want to apply)...
I'm able to get the private favorites, but if I change the TDConnection.UserSettings by the TDConnection.CommonSettings (as they return both a Settings), I get nothing interesting...

I've seen that you can use a category (see Open method of the Settings object)... but I don't know what is the name of the category I have to use (is there a list that is available somewhere) ?!

Do you have an idea??

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
WW239455
Message 2 of 4 (77 Views)

Re: How to get defect public filters?

BugViews
Query the common_settings table for a unique name.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
tszadel
Message 3 of 4 (77 Views)

It works! Thanks a lot!!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Samer J. Al Khoury
Message 4 of 4 (77 Views)

Hi,

I'm trying to get the list of public filters and then select one of the items from that list and get the list of defects. I've been dealing with the QC API for quite some time now but those filters are just driving me nuts. So what i need basically is the code to:

1) Get the list of public filters
2) Get the list of defects by selecting a public filter

Thank You
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation