How to copy one folder from Test plan of one project to test plan of another project? (939 Views)
Occasional Advisor
thafnitha
Message 1 of 5 (939 Views)

How to copy one folder from Test plan of one project to test plan of another project?

Hi,

I need to move one folder from Test plan of one project to test plan of another project.

We dont have same user id for those two projects.
Can we copy the folder from a project and paste to another project??
If its possible then how to
open multiple instances of QC??
I opened one instance of QC with IE and I tried to open the QC with mozilla.
But in mozilla QC is not opening.

If anyone can help meout on this, it would be great!!

Thanks
Thafnitha M F.
Regular Advisor
SanjeevR
Message 2 of 5 (939 Views)

Re: How to copy one folder from Test plan of one project to test plan of another project?

Yes,you can copy one folder from test plan to another project.However not sure abt different user id.You can open two sessions of QC in IE itself.Dont open QC by tabbed browsing instead open using two separate IE sessions.

1. Open up a session of Quality Center where you want to copy the Test plan folder

2. Open a second browser session of Quality Center and go to the project where you want to copy to.

3. Now with two Quality Center browser sessions copy from the 1st browser session the Requirement or Test Plan by right clicking it and selecting copy.

4. Go to the 2nd browser session and paste where Applicable for Requirements or Test Plan.

Both the projects should have same field defination.I am assuming that both the project are of same QC production server only.

Occasional Advisor
thafnitha
Message 3 of 5 (939 Views)

Re: How to copy one folder from Test plan of one project to test plan of another project?

Hi,
Thanks Sanjeev.

I have moved one folder from one project to another project with two different user ids.

Login to one project and copy the folder, then change Project and login as diffrent user and paste it there.

I tried this way and it worked for me.

Thanks.
Regular Advisor
SanjeevR
Message 4 of 5 (939 Views)

Gr88..close the thread!!
Occasional Advisor
thafnitha
Message 5 of 5 (939 Views)

Thanks for the help....
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.