09-19-2013 09:41 AM
The title says it all.
Team of four developers working all week writing tests for UFT Mobile (the QTP part of a UFT trial license). Many automated tests developed. After the fact we decided to include QC, so had HP configure a QC SaaS trial. Now when we use QC it wants to go to the QTP add-in. Not the QTP part of UFT.
I now wonder if we can install the Pefecto Add-in on to our QTP add-in which we put on as part of QC SaaS.
Trying to work around it. Any ideas?
09-20-2013 11:53 AM
Got it running with this advice from an awesome pre-sales guy at HP:
- Install the Testing Add on
And the patch as well
- In UFT, go to ToolsàoptionsàRunàCheck the checkbox “Allow other HP Products to run tests and components”
- If your windows firewall is enabled try following steps:
- Run Firewall.cpl from the command line. The Windows Firewall dialog box opens.
- Make sure you have opened the Quality Center client at least once on your computer.
Note: The remaining steps in this procedure may be slightly different in different operating systems.
- Click the Exceptions tab.
- Click the Add Program button.
- In the Add a Program dialog box, browse to the location where the Quality Center client is installed and select bp_exec_agent.exe. By default, it is located in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mercury Interactive\Quality Center.
- Click OK in the browse dialog box and again in the Add a Program dialog box. The bp_exec_agent.exe item is added to the Programs and Services list in the Windows Firewall dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Windows Firewall dialog box.
- In ALM, go to Test LabàHost ManageràAdd your host (get the same from command prompt of your machine )
- When you are ready to run testàGo to Test LabàSelect your testàHit Run button
- Select Run on Host and choose your host you have added
Got the host id for my machine right clicking on 'Computer' then click 'Properties'.
When got it going yesterday - the one bothersome thing is the QTP window would eventually close when initiate our automated mobile tests from within QC. To fix this and keep the QTP window open was a simple configuration checkbox. Will try to remember to post exactly where when get home from this trip.