HP Sprinter crashing IE9 (878 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Ksan2010
Message 1 of 8 (878 Views)

HP Sprinter crashing IE9

Hi ,

I am trying to use Sprinter for testing.

I am using ALM  11 SP 3, Sprinter patch 9, QTP with patch 78, Win 7 64bit, IE9

I have a problem running Sprinter on IE9 everytime I  run test from Sprinter (Power Mode on) I am getting message about  IE9  crash.

I searched through the  KB, and other forums and  nothing is working for me.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem? as right now I cant do anything to  execure and  expand my sprinter tests

Shall I install other patches higher (I don't have any additional vbrpwsers installeg on my PC)

Please help or give any other suggesions

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Martin Sander
Message 2 of 8 (861 Views)

Re: HP Sprinter crashing IE9

Hi

Check he customisation for the Project. Under the Sprinter settings check to see if you allow Movies to be recorded. I have found that switching this on crashed our browser as well.

We found that in the Events log for Windows it is failing becase of missing dll for MSRRecorder. Call to be raised shortly with HP

Switching this option off has cured the problem

Thanks

Martin

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Ksan2010
Message 3 of 8 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]

In sprinter Configuration I disabled movies and all screen capture  to see if it  removes  problem  - but it didn't.

I would chack project customisation and come back if I get any solution upon your  suggestion

Thanks

Update:

problem with crashin of IR was  removed after installation of additional QTP  patches  :-)

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Martin Sander
Message 4 of 8 (847 Views)

Okay

When I have response from HP I will post as well

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Solo122
Message 5 of 8 (767 Views)

I'm tyring to use Sprinter on Windows 7 64 bit and installed all patches for QTP along with HP Sprinter Patch 9.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ddisharoom
Message 6 of 8 (600 Views)

Is there an update on this?  We're having this problem as well but only when video capture is enabled.  I have all the patches installed and Sprinter works fine until video capture is enabled.

Thx,

Derrick

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Martin Sander
Message 7 of 8 (595 Views)

Hi

Our issue was as follows :

There is some incompatibility between your operating system video drivers and Sprinter Screen Capture. We followed the instructions detailed in document http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM200220.

We then switched the display resolution from 1366*768 to 1024*768 and the problem was solved

Thanks

Martin

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Jason Tontz
Message 8 of 8 (552 Views)

What I am doing to resolve it is a multitude of things. First,  run sprinter as Administrator (if you can disable UAC, do it). Second, under the application settings for your test, uncheck the "Start the application when the run begins". Then uncheck any uneeded "Technologies". If you are testing a web page, just choose Web. Then run your test and manually launch IE 9 AS ADMINISTRATOR. Also add exceptions to your anti-virus for the Sprinter.exe, sprinter Agent.exe and iexplore.exe. We also increased RAM on all our test workstations from 4GB to 8GB and that seems to help ALOT. Add the websites you are testing in IE 9 "Trusted Sites" and consider lowering the security settings.

We also see aproblem with dual monitors and multiple IE 9 windows open before the test starts. Sometimes we get recordings of the other IE 9 window when working in another, but the capture is of the first monitor. Very very strange.

We are still working through issues. I will post back as I get more.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation