Re: HP ALM MOBILE for Iphone (1957 Views)
Occasional Visitor
HenriqueLemes
Message 1 of 10 (2,173 Views)

HP ALM MOBILE for Iphone

Hi All !

I'm trying to use the HP ALM Mobile for Iphone and i'm receiving some errors to connect and authenticate, sometimes i cannot find the projects availables.

I've tested in 4 iphones and 1 ipad, both failed.

I receive the following answer from HP:

“About ALM app support for Iphone: ALM app has not been officially tested for Iphone and there is no roadmap to support it officially via prod support or RnD. You may find all the supported environments in ALM 11 readme, and ALM mobile app is not listed in the supported environments , hence any issues relating to it will not be supported by SaaS/ product support.

It has been noticed that the app works fine with full ALM (PC+QC) installation, and not partial installations like in this case which is QC part of ALM. However, even with full ALM installation, we cannot have any technical support officially for connectivity or any issues with ALM app as it has not been officially tested by R&D”.

Anybody had this problem ? Some suggestion ?

Urgent !

Thanks!!

Respected Contributor
leobor
Message 2 of 10 (2,137 Views)

Re: HP ALM MOBILE for Iphone

As per R&D, all you should do is to close the app and re-open it and try again.

What errors do you get during authentication?

Occasional Visitor
Dennis_O
Message 3 of 10 (2,055 Views)

Is it possible to filter based on custom fields?

Currently I can only filter based on "Detected by me", "Assigned to me", ID, Name and Summary. Is this set in the application or is this set by the ALM server?

BR

/Dennis

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 4 of 10 (2,047 Views)

Dennis,

Your question appears to have nothing to do with this topic. Please start a new thread.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Frequent Visitor
shiunu
Message 5 of 10 (1,989 Views)

Hi There,

We have ALM pacth 7 installed in our server however i am not able to use my Iphone App. It authenticates successfully  however when i tap on domain/project, it says "User Logout passed" and i am back to authentocation stage.

Is there a fix for this issue?

Occasional Contributor
Dave Ness
Message 6 of 10 (1,979 Views)

I'm sorry, I have an even more basic question.  We just installed Patch 7, I saw the blurb about the mobile app add-in, and I can't wait to try it.  But I'm not even sure what the next step is.  The HPLN site referred to installing HP Anywhere, but I couldn't find it.  I have the iPhone app installed, but it doesn't seem to be as simple as pointing it to the server where ALM resides.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

dave

Respected Contributor
leobor
Message 7 of 10 (1,957 Views)

The new set of mobile applications that were released to HPLN uses HPAnywhere framework. This is a whole new thing. Its main strength – it runs across platforms of iOS and Android and consumption of the apps can be controlled by the site admin. Take a look at ALM Defect Management for Smartphone guide for more details.

Currently we have only released a mobile defect management application (compared to the existing iPhone apps which also supports manual testing and some dashboard capabilities). In the future, we will add additional functionalities in the testing world and other areas.

Frequent Advisor
puneetv
Message 8 of 10 (1,728 Views)

I am new to HP ALM Mobile. I have installed the mobile app in my phone, but I need to know is what I need to do on the server end because I am not able to log into the QC through mobile device.

Trusted Contributor
alexanderk
Message 9 of 10 (1,707 Views)

I've just installed HP ALM Mobile directly from App Store on my iphone.

And successfully logged in to my ALM 11 SP3.

Can't understand what is the problem?

I'd like to empasize that QC 10 or ALM 11.50 are not supported by mobile app.

ALM 11 without patches is not supported as well.

I'm not sure what SP or patch do you need exactly on ALM 11 - but like I said - ALM 11 SP3 - is working ok.

Occasional Visitor
Ayanbarman
Message 10 of 10 (1,559 Views)

I am facing the same issue. Did you ever got around and was able to fix the logout issue

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.