Re: Find the presence of testcases within testplan folder (65 Views)
Occasional Contributor
archusr
Message 1 of 2 (100 Views)

Find the presence of testcases within testplan folder

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am tyring to find whether the folder selected in test plan is having testcases immediately within itself (not subfolders, direct testcases). In case if there are no testcases in that folder I want to display a messagebox. I am trying to understand if there is any variable or property which i can read to get this info.

Note: I am using ALM 11, and its for workflow automation using VB

Regards,

Arch

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 2 (65 Views)

Re: Find the presence of testcases within testplan folder

There is not a field in the database entity ALL_LISTS (the Test Plan Folder table) that says a folder has tests. However you can access the OTA API from the workflow, and through that you can get the answer. Test Plan Folders are the SubjectNode object in the API. Once you retrieve the SubjectNode for the specified folder you can use the FindTests method to determine if the folder has any tests.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation