Re: Filter by Application - QC OTA BugFacory Filter VBScript (828 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Sidharthan_PV
Message 1 of 3 (845 Views)
Accepted Solution

Filter by Application - QC OTA BugFacory Filter VBScript

Hi Guys,

I am trying to export all my defect details from QC to Excel through OTA VBScript. I have successfully connected and able to export it. But I'm facing one problem.

My Project having more than one application. And I need to filter the defects by Application before exporting.

I tried : BugFilter.Filter("BG_APPLICATION") = "APPLN_NAME" [ Jst a guss,  It wont work ]

Can any one share the code ??

Please Help

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 3 (836 Views)

Re: Filter by Application - QC OTA BugFacory Filter VBScript

Are you sure BG_APPLICATION is the correct name for the field in the BUG database table that holds the information? I don't find a field by that name in the database reference. That suggests that it is a custom field. You have two choices in that case. One, get a user with TD Admin privileges on the project to look under Tools > Customization to find the actual field name, or two, use the Dashboard module Excel Report creator to look at the data in the Bug table and figure out the field name from there.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Occasional Advisor
Sidharthan_PV
Message 3 of 3 (828 Views)

Re: Filter by Application - QC OTA BugFacory Filter VBScript

Thanks for your quick response.

I know dat BG_APPLICATION is NOT the correct filed name. Dat was jst a try.

I wil try to figure out the custom field.. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.