Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation (1864 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Testing Services
Message 1 of 7 (1,864 Views)

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

I'm getting the "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" error message on QC 9.2 on Windows XP Professional. The error occurs after authentication when I try to log in to my project. I am a local administrator on the machine. The error is happening both in IE 7 and in QC Explorer. The QC User ID does not matter - several IDs have failed on that machine, but are able to work on other machines. I have tried erasing the Loader Class v4 file, running the QC uninstall utility, rebooting the workstation, and reinstalling the QC Components by visiting the QC URL. I have also tried the above procedure and installed the QC Components manually with the QCClient.msi file. I have tried deleting the Temporary Internet Files and clearing all cookies. Has anyone else seen this and been able to resolve it?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Maisha Walton
Message 2 of 7 (1,864 Views)

Re: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

I am experiencing the same issue using XP and IE7. Have you found a workaround or solution for this yet? I thought maybe it had something to do with my Java version... I have no idea why I can't access my project in QC.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Testing Services
Message 3 of 7 (1,864 Views)

I opened up a call with HP Support and I'll post the results here.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Maisha Walton
Message 4 of 7 (1,864 Views)

That would be great. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Maisha Walton
Message 5 of 7 (1,864 Views)

I think that my system admin found a resolution to this issues. He went in and changed my local security policy on my machine and changed the FIPS encryption from enabled to disabled. He went to the 'run' command, typed in 'secpol.msc' and it brought up the local security policy window. Once in there he disabled the FIPS encryption and now QC works. Hope this helps!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
orfcasares
Message 6 of 7 (1,807 Views)

It worked!

Thanx

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
mskiy
Message 7 of 7 (978 Views)

hi. I am using QC10 with IE8 on Win7 and still getting this error. My FIPS is disabled. has anyone seen this type before?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation