Does it cost a license when I take a view of QTP test script from QC (372 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Jeffery_QA
Message 1 of 4 (372 Views)
Accepted Solution

Does it cost a license when I take a view of QTP test script from QC

Hi,

Does it cost a license when I take a view of QTP test script from QC?

Since we are using concurrent licenses here,  we need to count how many licenses have been used at a time. 

If I don't launch QTP, but use ALM to view the QTP script, does this cost a license?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 4 (363 Views)

Re: Does it cost a license when I take a view of QTP test script from QC

Which license are you asking about, ALM or QTP?

Using the ALM UI for anything consumes an ALM license.

Using the QTP application for anything consumes a QTP license.

Using the QTP application to look at/work with QTP resources stored in ALM consumes a QTP license, but not an ALM license.

Using the ALM UI to look at a QTP script consumes an ALM license, but not a QTP license.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Jeffery_QA
Message 3 of 4 (349 Views)

Talking about QTP license; "Using the ALM UI to look at a QTP script consumes an ALM license, but not a QTP license."

Thanks for that.

But if so, why I cannot see the script from ALM when I don't have a licensed QTP on my machine.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 4 of 4 (334 Views)

I believe you have to have at least the QTP Add-in for ALM installed on the system where you want to view the QTP test scripts through the ALM UI.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation