Custom defect field for clickable URLs (753 Views)
Occasional Advisor
harklein
Message 1 of 6 (753 Views)

Custom defect field for clickable URLs

Hi,
is there a way to add a defect field in QC, where the user can add/store a URL which is clickable (i.e. opening a browser window when clicked on)? This is the same functionality which is offered, when adding a URL as an attachment. But I need this for a "normal" field. I'm using QC 8.2.
Thanks for any help .... Harald
Regular Advisor
philippe lebacq
Message 2 of 6 (753 Views)

Re: Custom defect field for clickable URLs

Try to define it as a new memo field (same as description, r&d comment) and default it with html template (such as your link here)

Philippe.
Occasional Advisor
harklein
Message 3 of 6 (753 Views)

Thanks Phillipe,

but it doesn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong. Added a memo field and added in the workflow script/defects module script/Defect_Bug_New the following as a test:

Bug_Fields("BG_USER_26").Value = _
"Overwrite with link"

The text "Overwrite with link" is displayed in blue and underlined. When I overwrite it with a valid URL this stays blue and underlined but is not clickable. Any other tipps or hints?

.... Harald
Honored Contributor
WW239455
Message 4 of 6 (753 Views)

Not possible yet Im afraid, only attachments available.
Memo fields like description display font color/bold/underline/italic html tags but dont react when clicked on.
Frequent Advisor
Jo Sidarta
Message 5 of 6 (748 Views)

Just wonder whether this functionality now introduced in ALM?
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 6 of 6 (741 Views)

No
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.