Re: Automating the process of Granting roles to different Users across QC projects? (1583 Views)
Respected Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (1,628 Views)

Automating the process of Granting roles to different Users across QC projects?

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I got a thought on automating the process of granting roles to users in different  QC projects.

Please go through attached word document and advise your valuable thoughts onto it.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated.

Regards,

Srihari

404-579-5368

Frequent Advisor
Message 2 of 5 (1,604 Views)

Re: Automating the process of Granting roles to different Users across QC projects?

Hi,

I had quite an interesting effect when I tried to open your word doc - it got downloaded and opened as a .zip file,

containing all kinds of xml files inside.

Saving the (z.ip) file locally and then renaming it to the docx fileending, I could finally open you file :-)

Coming to your idea, yes it is possible to automate this using the OTA

You can find it on your HPQC installation:

http://localhost:8080/qcbin/Help/doc_library/api_refs/OTA_API_Reference.chm

And you'll probably also find some code examples on how to access the admin area and tweak the role settings of your user(s).

I hope this is helpful to you.

Pls understand that few people will be able to find the time to provide to you a finished solution custom coded to your needs ;-)

As soon as you slapped some code together we can have another look at it.

Kind Regards

Nikolai

Highlighted
Advisor
Message 3 of 5 (1,583 Views)

Re: Automating the process of Granting roles to different Users across QC projects?

Respected Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (1,565 Views)

Thanks Stiehl for your answer and valuable suggestion.

I will try writing the OTA code for implementing this automation process.

Regards,

Srihari

404-579-5368

Respected Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (1,565 Views)

Thanks Fer Rod for uploading the pdf version of the requirement specification document.

Regards,

Srihari

404-579-5368

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.