Automatic Email Alerts if Defect is not updated for particular period of time. (672 Views)
Collector
SaurabhJain
Message 1 of 3 (672 Views)

Automatic Email Alerts if Defect is not updated for particular period of time.

Hi.. I am using QC10.0 and I need to send Email alerts to supervisors if any defect raised by the testing team is not acknowledged (Starus o defect is changed in this case ) within 2 Hours of opening the defect.

Can anyone help me on this?? How do I configure these alerts in the Quality Center.

Thanks in Advance!!

Frequent Advisor
sindu
Message 2 of 3 (661 Views)

Re: Automatic Email Alerts if Defect is not updated for particular period of time.

if Bug_Fields.Field("BG_STATUS").IsModified Then
set objBug = DConnection.BugFactory.Item(Bug_Fields.Field("BG_BUG_ID").Value)
mailTo=”["&User.isingroup("("msg_email")&"]"
mailCC=”[Bug_Fields(“BUG_RESPONSIBLE”).Value]“
mailopt=1 ‘TDMAIL_ATTACHMENT
subject=”Defecto No. “& Bug_Fields.Field(“BG_BUG_ID”).Value & ” Status changed.”
comment=Bug_Fields.Field(“BG_DEV_COMMENTS”).IsNull
objBug.Mail mailTo,mailCC,mailopt,subject,comment

end if

put this code in BUG_AFTER POST. in workflow

SaurabhJain wrote:

Hi.. I am using QC10.0 and I need to send Email alerts to supervisors if any defect raised by the testing team is not acknowledged (Starus o defect is changed in this case ) within 2 Hours of opening the defect.

Can anyone help me on this?? How do I configure these alerts in the Quality Center.

Thanks in Advance!!

Occasional Advisor
HenryFloyd
Message 3 of 3 (654 Views)

Re: Automatic Email Alerts if Defect is not updated for particular period of time.

[ Edited ]

For what you have described, you need either an external script or a windows service that polls QC in a given time period (say 5 mins). 

I do not believe you can do this in a standard QC workflow script, because unless someone triggers some event in QC to check your defect.  It is possible that more than 2 hours may have occurred.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.