Automail / Sendmail issues (1036 Views)
Advisor
nathanjones1
Message 1 of 3 (1,036 Views)
Accepted Solution

Automail / Sendmail issues

I needed to customise the defect automail.  i.e. ensure all info was stripped out and only a link to the defect id was reported in the email body, along with the words ‘The following Defect has been amended’

I managed to do this by amending the default.xsl file and placing in a specific projects repository.

However all send email functions (in test lab, requirements etc) use the same default.xsl and their resulting emails are blank also, with just a link to their ID stating ‘The following defect has been amended’

Queries

Is there a way to use a completely separate stylesheet for just the defect automail?

Is it possible to customise the defect automail to state which parameter has been updated. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
bryanalton
Message 2 of 3 (1,019 Views)

Re: Automail / Sendmail issues

you can write your own email feature and strip out all but the link to the defect. I did this and stopped using the automail feature. You can call the send mail function when a field has changed after posting.

Here is an example of how I send out the defect with a link and a few other things inside the email.

strSubject = "Defect " & BUG_Fields("BG_BUG_ID").value & " / CR " & CRNum &_
                " ("& Bug_Fields("BG_DETECTED_IN_RCYC").Value.Name &")" &" - Assigned to " & BUG_Fields("BG_RESPONSIBLE").value & " - Status = "&_
                Bug_Fields("BG_STATUS").value
                strComment = "<a href=testdirector:tdqc-prod.ca.boeing.com:8080/qcbin"&_
                ",yourpojectnamehere,[AnyUser];2:"&_
                BUG_Fields("BG_BUG_ID").value &_
                ">Defect ID "& BUG_Fields("BG_BUG_ID").value&"&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</a>" &" "&_
                "<a href=https:/LinktoInternalWiki</a> "&_
                " </a><BR><BR><html><body><td><b>Summary: " &Bug_Fields("BG_SUMMARY").value&"</b></td>" &_
                "<BR><BR><BR><td><b>Comments: "&"<BR>"&Bug_Fields("BG_DEV_COMMENTS").value&_
                "</b></td><BR><BR><BR><td><b>Description: "&"<BR>" &Bug_Fields("BG_DESCRIPTION").Value&_
                "<BR><BR></td></b><td><b></td></b></body></html>"
           End If
           Set objBugFactory = TDConnection.BugFactory
           Set objBug = objBugFactory.Item(BUG_Fields("BG_BUG_ID").value)
           objBug.Mail strTo, strCC, 64, strSubject, strComment
           Set objBug = Nothing
           Set objBugFactory = Nothing

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nathanjones1
Message 3 of 3 (1,014 Views)

Re: Automail / Sendmail issues

Thanks Bryan

I have never used the workflow scripting, so will have a play with this.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation