Re: Adding a row to the Lists table (212 Views)
Frequent Advisor
JallenJax
Message 1 of 5 (235 Views)
Accepted Solution

Adding a row to the Lists table

[ Edited ]

I've written SQL to insert a row into the List table.  I'm aware that LS_ID needs to be incremented and LS_PATH needs to increment (a to z).  I can get the row to insert, but when I go to ALM I don't see the value that I inserted.  Any body have experience with this table?

Advisor
Fred_Gaumont
Message 2 of 5 (225 Views)

Re: Adding a row to the Lists table

Writing entries directly into the LIST table can be tricky, because the Path has to be set correctly, and that can lead to problems like what you are describing.

If you do not want to use the Site Admin to update the list, you may want to consider using programming with OTA to update the CustomizationList object.

I have built a spreadsheet that allows me to build multi-level lists and upload them to ALM, which I have used to save on data entry, especially where I want to load multiple values into multiple projects.

Let me know if you are interested and I can share that with you.

Frequent Advisor
JallenJax
Message 3 of 5 (216 Views)

Sure, i'd like to see it.  Can you zip it and attach it to the post?

The reason I want to do this, is because we want to get a Project ID from our MS Project Server.  Rather than manually keying in the Project ID, we'll have a script that will go out daily and get the values.  But my first task is to see if I can write a query that will update the Lists table, so far it hasn't worked. 

Thanks for any help going forward. 

Advisor
Fred_Gaumont
Message 4 of 5 (212 Views)

Attached is a spreadsheet that allows you to upload values into ALM. The first sheet contain the parameters to pass to ALM (e.g. server, project, user ID, etc.); the second sheet contains a list of List objects that you want to update, and the third sheet contains the nodes to be added to each list.

The code to connect to ALM and to execute the update is contained within VBA.  It's fairly simple, no error handling, just the basics.  But hopefully you will get the idea of how to retrieve the CustomizationList object and add a node to it.

Good luck!

Fred Gaumont

Frequent Advisor
JallenJax
Message 5 of 5 (206 Views)

Thanks.  That worked great. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.