ALM 11 REST API test execution status change not reflected in WebUI (1096 Views)
Visitor
kkovac
Message 1 of 7 (1,096 Views)
Accepted Solution

ALM 11 REST API test execution status change not reflected in WebUI

Hello all, 

Can anybody give me a hint over here please? I am trying to update a status of a test in test lab set via REST API. I have no problems creating a run and updating an exec-status value of the test i intend to change. Responsed of my requests prove that change has been commited, but for some reason HP QC execution grid shows still old status. If i open a test i can see my last run created via REST API, but no change on level of test in execution grid at all. 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you

Karol

Visitor
kkovac
Message 2 of 7 (1,030 Views)

Re: ALM 11 REST API test execution status change not reflected in WebUI

[ Edited ]

Ok, another observation:

If I update <Field Name="exec-status"> to something lets say Passed, REST response shows that it was successfully updated. However if i look at the execution grip view Status still holds old value, but (and this is weird), Test: Execution Status field has been updated instead. 

If you create a report in dashboard on top of tests this report shows new value, but execution grid and also email from execution grid shows old value. What is happening? How come REST API is updating Test Instance entity instead of Test entity? 

As per field description it should update TS_EXECUTION_STATUS, but seems TC_STATUS is updated instead.

<Field PhysicalName="TS_EXEC_STATUS" Name="exec-status" Label="Execution Status">

Still no suggestion?

Karol

bdkakde
Message 3 of 7 (974 Views)

Hi,

I am new to HP ALM and my requirement is to update test execution status.

Could you share code to update a status of a test in test lab set via REST API?

Thanks

Visitor
kkovac
Message 4 of 7 (954 Views)

Thanks to the bdkakde i have reviewed my scripts rather more carefully and found out that i was updating wrong entity.

Thank you for making me see! All works like a charm now.

Karol
bdkakde
Message 5 of 7 (943 Views)

Hi,

Congratulation you got solution.

Kind request please share code for me as it is very urgent.

mail id - bdkakde@rediffmail.com

Advisor
Chuck Hunt
Message 6 of 7 (755 Views)

Hi Karol,

I seem to be having a very similar issue.  First I create a new Run.  Then I update the test-instance and it modifies the status on the Execution Grid, but it also adds another "Run" to the list of Runs for that test instance.  (it's called "Fast_***")

from test-instance I update: exec-date,exec-time, status, actual-tester.

What entity are you changing for the status to be updated?  Do you get a second run added to the test-instance details?  

regards,

Chuck

Occasional Visitor
Naresh12
Message 7 of 7 (332 Views)

Hi Mates,

I have similar requirement to update Test script status (PASS\FAIL)in Test Lab in QC ALM in my project. Could you plase help me with the code and steps.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.