09-07-2011 08:37 PM
Few Querstions around HP Fortyfy 360
1. Do we need to purchase HP Quality centre as a pre-req for HP Fortify 360 ? is there any other pre-req required?
2. Can we purchase only signle component of Fortify 360 like Program Trace Analyzer (PTA)? Or we need to purchase all componenents.
3. Can we use Fortify 360 for desktop applications?
09-09-2011 11:42 AM
1. No, HPQC or HP ALM is not required to use F360, nor vice versa, as these are all separate solutions/products. The finished SCA analysis results uploaded to F360 can be sent into the Defects Module in HPQC if desired. The decision on which of these two systems to use largely depends on the process flow of your QA organization and whether the defects will be managed within the F360 Governance Module by the developers or pushed into HPQC. One option may be to only "escalate" reviewed findings into HPQC.
The system requirements for SCA can be reviewed on the following web page, under the "Specifications" tab:
2. Yes, the various solution items offered by HP fortify can be acquired separately, but certain combinations will offer you greater value than their individualized use. Our Sales team will want to discuss your needs and goals so that they can formulate the appropriate package for you.
To contact HP Fortify Sales, please refer to this web page: https://www.fortify.com/company/locations.html
3. Yes, the SCA analyzer works against 19 programming languages and offers real-time, build-time, CLI, or IDE interface analysis. The finished results are output as a *.FPR file. This FPR results file can be reviewed within the IDE (Eclipse, Visual Studio), the AWB (workstation console), or F360 Server (web console).
You posted this to the HP QAInspect product forum, understandable due to your HPQC question. For F360 product-specific questions, it would be best to post queries into that forum specifically. If you browse to the parent forum for Application Security (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Security-
Sorry for all the acronyms:
F360 - HP Fortify's 360 Server
SCA - HP Fortify's Source Code Analyzer
AWB - HP Fortify's Audit WorkBench
PTA - HP Fortify's Program Trace Analyzer
RTA - HP Fortify's Real-Time Analyzer
HPQC - HP Quality Center
ALM - HP Application Lifecycle Manager (enterprise-level HPQC)
-- Habeas Data
06-14-2012 12:42 AM
I have Installed Fortify 360 in my Machine.When i try to Search for Documentation i don't find it rather it is mention like it can be downloaded @customerportal.Please Let me know how can i download the Documents as well as the Rule pack.
Thanks in advance,
06-14-2012 06:12 AM - edited 06-14-2012 06:20 AM
The correct Fortify Discussion would be:
You can try one of the following:
SSC - Administration - Rulepacks - Update
HP Application Security Center
06-14-2012 12:00 PM
I am very interested in buying Fortify 360 hp for the organization, but I can not find the prices, I would like if any of you know where I can find. I sent several emails and nothing yet.
Thank you very much.
08-31-2012 01:10 PM
Also, HP IT has made the Fortify software and documentation available in their standard Self-Service On-line Portal ("SSO") at http://support.openview.hp.com/software_updates.js
This is only accessible to via a freely registered HP Passport account ("HPP"). Once logged on, you must add your company's HP Order# (SAID = Support Agreement Identifier) to the contracts area so the portal knows which products you own and may get support for. After applying your SAID#, you will then have access to the software and the Fortify software and be able to download it.
Be warned that the site prefers the IE browser, and Firefox may seem ok until you realize you may not be seeing certain parts of the screen.
-- Habeas Data