Re: how to export status dependencies to excel (277 Views)
Frequent Advisor
riznad
Message 1 of 3 (306 Views)

how to export status dependencies to excel

Hi;

My manager asked me to enter all fileds, fields' visibility, editablelity in each state to an excel file.

Is there any quick way to do this.

I opened case but supporter said that there is not any wway in workbracnh to export a request.

Is there any quick query to obtain all fields and the users can view field, can update field in all statuses.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Utkarsh_Mishra
Message 2 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: how to export status dependencies to excel

You can run following report to get all the details; but you cannot export to excel, rather you need to copy the data in excel and need to do some formatiing.

Under Administrative Category: ( in report submission make sure to check all the radio button or as required)

1. Request Type Detail Report

2. Request Header Type Detail Report

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jason Nichols KY
Message 3 of 3 (277 Views)

Re: how to export status dependencies to excel

While the Detail Reports will collect the data for you, it doesn't put the data into the format that your manager is looking for.  I was given this spreadsheet with a macro and embedded DB Code that will not only pull the data back that you need, but allow you to update the Status Dependencies from the spreadsheet and push them back to PPM.

This was developed by Mercury, not by me, and I am only providing this as a service.  I am not intimately familiar with the backend code to be able to support anything beyond casual usage of this tool.  I have used this tool with versions 6.0, 7.1, 7.5, 8.0, and 9.1 without any problems.  The first worksheet has a package spec and body that needs to be loaded into the PPM schema and Macros need to be enabled in Excel for this to work correctly.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation