Re: “capitalized costs” option should be checked by default when a financial summary is created. (247 Views)
Frequent Advisor
SureshR
Message 1 of 7 (290 Views)

“capitalized costs” option should be checked by default when a financial summary is created.

Hi All,

When I add a cost line then by default, it does not show the third field “Expense Type” (refer to snapshot1). To make this field visible, I have to put a tick under Financial Summary Settings (snapshot 2). Then it shows the third field (snapshot 3).  I want that the “Expense Type” should show by default visible, when a cost line is added.

Attached are the screenshot for the more details of problem. Please assist me on the same.

Regards,

Suresh

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Celil
Message 2 of 7 (284 Views)

Re: “capitalized costs” option should be checked by default when a financial summary is created.

Hi Suresh,

To enable tracking of capitalized costs for any particular proposal, project, or asset as described in this section, the COST_CAPITALIZATION_ENABLED parameter in the server.conf configuration file must be set to true.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via KUDOS the professionals

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
director@ppmdiary.com
director@isframeworks.com
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
SureshR
Message 3 of 7 (278 Views)

Re: “capitalized costs” option should be checked by default when a financial summary is created.

Hi Celil,

Thanks for your reply!

The COST_CAPITALIZATION_ENABLED parameter is use to enable the capitalized costs option in the Financial Summary Setting and after doing TRUE this parameter user need to manually check the option to track the capitalized costs for each proposal. Just FYI, this parameter is enabled for our PPM system.

My requirement is, this parameter should be checked by default for each proposal when its created.

Please help me to resolve this.

Regards,

Suresh 

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Celil
Message 4 of 7 (270 Views)

Hi Suresh,

Sorry for misunderstanding. In open>administration>project types>manage project types open related project type and edit cost and effort>financial management check "Allow capitilized costs on this projects" . Hereafter created projects' financial summary should have capital lines.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via KUDOS the professionals

Celil

& PPM Solution Architect
director@ppmdiary.com
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
SureshR
Message 5 of 7 (253 Views)

Hi Celil,

We are not using Project Types in our system, we need to implement the below thing for Proposals. We want that “capitalized costs” option should be checked by default when a financial summary is created.

I have done this thing through Back-end but I want to know that how we can do the same via front-end.

Regards,

Suresh

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Celil
Message 6 of 7 (249 Views)

In proposals, there is no way. We have also looked for same thing. How did you do from back-end ?
Celil

& PPM Solution Architect
director@ppmdiary.com
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
SureshR
Message 7 of 7 (247 Views)

Hi Celil,

I am updating the capex_opex_enabled_flag field of fm_forecast_actuals table  while creation of Proposal.

Regards,

Suresh

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation