12-23-2013 08:22 AM
This should be easy but I am stuck. JSP reports run fine. But all SQL reports like Security Detail report, validation report etc timeout. I think its either something with our profile ( but ssh manual logon and echo $ORACLE_HOME is set properly) or the way we have something in server.conf. I can run the SQL report manually via ssh and it works fine. Submitting from dashboard report hangs. Any idea how to troubleshoot? limited things I can do with the ksc_local_exec command.
12-23-2013 08:26 AM
12-24-2013 09:57 AM
Information has been updated to my case.
Does anyone know the proper syntax to run run "echo $ORACLE_HOME" from the ksc_local_exec ? Maybe I will put into a script?
Also, we are running on Linux servers in a clustered environment if that is important.
12-24-2013 10:56 AM
I got a little further. I created a test script and put it in the default script directory. It was just simple spool command with exit and it ran from the PPM report. I was also able to verify the ORACLE_SPOOL is set properly.
If I hard code the DB name instead of using the AS_DB_CONNECTION token as was the default, it throws the error below. This is running the out of box security detail report. Any suggestions what to check next?
Error creating Process.
01-08-2014 11:39 AM
Does a sqlplus check in the environment check return a thumbs-up? Also, one thing we noticed (we originally installed on Windows, then moved to Linux) was that on a lot of the default sqlplus report types the commands are different for Win & Linux and the Linux commands were disabled. So none of the reports ran until I enabled them.
01-09-2014 04:52 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by sqlplus check in the environment. I did make a little more progress afer reading thru these forums. Also, we found the PPM installation guide mentions the sqlplus_version field needs to be set in the server.conf or some reports will not run. I am working with HP case on this. I noticed all of our Linux PPM servers that we built last year have this field empty. I also noticed when I logged into the server the path field did not include the Oracle directory. I added the Oracle path to the profile and that is now working when I run 'which sqlplus'. However when i view the the server.conf from the workbench, the sqplus_version is still empty. I tried stopping PPM, then adding a line manually to the server.conf and running kUpdateHTML and then restarting PPM but it still wont show up.
Security detail report fails... validation list fails.. workflow detail report works. I also noticed in the server log an error the sqlplus version not know. So I think we are on the right track. Im sure its something simple.