Re: Ver 9.14 Java Console has expired Code Signing Certificate (472 Views)
Trusted Contributor
kwood55
Message 1 of 3 (516 Views)
Accepted Solution

Ver 9.14 Java Console has expired Code Signing Certificate

Ver 9,14 Workbench startup is slow.

Java Console on Windows Server 2008 R2 shows expired Code Signing Certificate.

Hewlett-Packard Company (VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA)
Version: V3
Serial Number: [122517605167333326894514101334622316658]
Signature Algorithm: [SHA1withRSA]

Validity: [From: Sun May 23 20:00:00 EDT 2010,
                   To: Thu May 23 19:59:59 EDT 2013]

Does this certificate have a renewal ?

HP Expert
mike_se
Message 2 of 3 (481 Views)

Re: Ver 9.14 Java Console has expired Code Signing Certificate

Hi,

There is a fix in 0006 Build that may be related. The Release Notes state:

JAR resources in JNLP files are not signed by the same certificate. (QCCR1L50450)

So try deploying the 0006 on a DEV system, clear the java/browser cache, open the Workbench again to see if this helps resolve the issue.

The other place where a certificate would be used is with RMIS. If using a certificate in the Workbench for RMIS, then this would be a certificate that was imported. Check with the machine admins. May have to follow the directions in the Install/Admin Guide to import a new Certificate (section called "Enable Secure RMI (Optional)").

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Trusted Contributor
kwood55
Message 3 of 3 (472 Views)

Re: Ver 9.14 Java Console has expired Code Signing Certificate

- First off this is a trivial annoyance, and not really a problem (It is simply an expired Code Signing certificate).
   Of our 2 to 3 users with PPM Admin capability we simply push past the certificate warning.
   The Workbench seems to take about 5-6 seconds longer to start. (This might not be related to the expired certificate)
- I reported my version incorrectly. I am running PPM v 9.12.
  I also administer another server system, its version ends in 14.
- Some or all of the Workbench jars were signed with this now expired certificate.
   Whether starting the workbench on the PPM App Server or a workstation computer(via a browser):
        You can start the Java console and "Remove" the HP VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing certificate.
        Now when you start the Workbench the Class 3 certificate is pushed back into the java console.
        The workbench startup looks to be deploying the public key.
- To fix this on my version, the workbench startup/deploy process needs a new version with a valid certificate.
   But again, this is a minor annoyance. I am not really concerned with it.
   I do not even see what other Admins see. I must have pressed "always trust this source".
   I am the true Admin - I do all of the configuration changes to PPM any way.
   Some people just report any anomaly.
- We intend to upgrade to PPM 9.2 in August, and I expect this issue will disappear.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.