Re: Unnamed Headcount only possible in the future? (472 Views)
Occasional Contributor
ludo1208
Message 1 of 5 (499 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unnamed Headcount only possible in the future?

To top up our delivery capacity we are using offshore teams, where the "real persons" are not known to us.

So till now we used "named resources" with dummy names, but this is time consuming in maintenance.

So we are switching to "Unnamed Headcount", which is much easier to handle, if capacity increases or decreases.

But it seems, that using the button "Add Unnamed Headcount" only shows time periods in the future?!

Is it somehow possible to add these unnamed resource also in the past (so we can replace the named resources by UNnamed)?

thanks + regards

Ludo

Honored Contributor
Celil
Message 2 of 5 (472 Views)

Re: Unnamed Headcount only possible in the future?

Hi Ludo,

Unnamed Headcount is really only for planning purposes; you can't assign an unnamed person to a staffing profile. it is intended for is to be a placeholder for future employees or hires.

if a pool manager knows that she/he will be hiring one or more contractors in two months he can put that in as unnamed headcount for future thus to allow more accurate load/capability forecasting. Eventually, these would be replaced by named resources, when they become available.

But; you can assign work to Unnamed Headcount when you respond to a Staffing Profile request.  To do this by selecting PROMISE when you are under MANAGE ALLOCATIONS on the POOL. Actuals cannot be entered for promised allocations. Calculations, such as unmet demand, current demand, and remaining capacity, always include promised allocations.

This feature must be enabled and can be used from the staffing profile and Resource Allocation Management page. To enable this feature, set the ENABLE_PROMISE_RESOURCE_ALLOCATION parameter to TRUE.To add, assign, modify or delete promised allocations, the user must have the Resource Mgmt:Promise Unspecified Resources access grant.

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please click KUDOS star icon and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
director@ppmdiary.com
director@isframeworks.com
Occasional Contributor
ludo1208
Message 3 of 5 (465 Views)

Hi Celil,

thanks for your quick reply!

Thats exactly what we wanna do: respond to the staffig profile with the 'promise-feature' (its already activated at our site).

So, we dont wanna assign work to these 'unnamed headcounts'.

But I would appreciate, if I could just delete our 'dummy-resources' and replace them by the 'unnamed headcounts' - for the future and also the past ...

Maybe its a possibility to change the systemdate of my workstation and do the 'Add Unnamed Headcount' dialog to get the dates for the past into the system?

thanks + regards

Ludo

Honored Contributor
Celil
Message 4 of 5 (429 Views)

Hi Ludo,

Yes you can change system date, but please do not forget; NPV like project KPIs which are time based, will be show wrong data. In addition to that, no body would be use when you change date.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
director@ppmdiary.com
director@isframeworks.com
Occasional Contributor
ludo1208
Message 5 of 5 (337 Views)

Hi everyone,

just a little update on my issue:
It would be no solution to change the system date on the WORKSTATION (as I suggested), but you would have to change it on the SERVER ... Which we didn't do, because I found it too "risky" ...

But by chance I found out that "Add Unnamed Headcount" only show periods in the future, but if you EDIT an existing Unnamed Headcount you can also enter values for the past :-)

=> Problem solved :-))

regards
Ludo
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.